Chapter Nineteen: Determination

The ship's engines blast stronger, with more thrust, and eventually launch the ship into space, travelling easily through a warp jump after escaping Sakaar; the planet that you'd never want to return to. 

Loki holds your hands tenderly, reassuringly as the ship travels throughout space quietly. You squeeze his hands in return, just as gently, trying to reassure him in return, yet he possibly wasn't as scared as you were.

A few minutes later...

The Milky Way

Starlord informs everyone that it is completely safe to walk about the ship, with you getting a strong sense of da ja vu. 

You unbuckle your seatbelt quickly, before Loki, who follows closely behind you, as you make your way to one of the windows of the craft. Gazing out of the thick glass; you see such a gorgeous sight of stars and the various planets. It was a sight you had never seen before, and as your eyes settle on Earth; you could feel Loki's arm slip around your waist and his breath at your ear, causing you to shiver lightly. It was such a romantic view and he was taking advantage of it. It was the time, since you were both abducted, that you could properly relax, at least in the moment. 

Out of nowhere; a blanket gently drapes around your shoulders and you feel Loki's soft lips softly brush against your neck, which you automatically feel inclining to the side, as if exposing it to him. 

"We've made it back to Midgard, my pet." He whispers softly, matter-of-factly against your throat as he continues to lightly kiss your throat, though he pulls away a little to look at your face; you could see him in the corner of your eyes. 

"Not quite, Loki... How are we going to land? We can't land this ship on Earth.. they'll freak out and think it's an invasion." You speak a little softly, trying to compose yourself due to his little kisses. Your tone was filled with rational concern. You really didn't have a plan for getting back to Earth.

Loki leans back into your neck and plants several kisses upon your soft skin, leaving a trail. He seems to stop halfway, realising that you actually had a valid point, with him pulling his head away from your throat and his gaze shifting to your face. 

"Well, how are we going to get down there, Scientist?"  Loki's tone was a little on edge now. He seemed concerned and wary. He was directing his question towards Banner, who had just entered the area. 

Banner was looking around the room sheepishly before his eyes set on Loki then to you. He shifted his attention to you quickly, clearly disliking being in the same room as Loki.

"You raise a valid question, Miss Stark. I don't think we've planned that far ahead, but we need to." Banner answers Loki's question, pretending it was you that actually asked it, instead of Loki himself.

"Loki asked, not me." You instantly correct him. Banner wasn't in the area when you had originally enquired about how to get back to Earth; he had gone elsewhere.  Banner sighs whilst Loki chuckles.

You think for a moment, then glance out into space, gazing down at the different planets, from Mars, Pluto, Saturn and Venus, to Earth, Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.

Your eyes then shift, focusing on a metal structure. You tilt your head slightly with your eyebrows shifting downward into a curious frown. 

You straighten your neck, twirl around on the spot and run to the bridge of the ship, where Starlord and the racoon are, within the pilot seats. 

You stop just behind Starlord's chair, with one hand on the back of it. "Get us as close as you can to that satellite, without triggering the alarm. As soon as you're close enough; I'll fly the rest of the way and see if I can contact Tony." You speak in a determined and commanding voice, using your right hand to point in the direction of the satellite, only dropping your hand when you've finished explaining your rash and risky plan of action. 

"It's a little risky on your part, Miss, but it is the only plan we've got at this minute. I will get you as close as I can." Starlord answers you. 

"Absolutely not. It's too dangerous." Loki speaks firmly, coming up from behind you. You exhale lightly. 

"Loki, it's the only option we currently have. I've got no choice." You try to reassure him, though you understood that the risk was far greater than being abducted by the Grandmaster and his annoying live-museum peice collecting brother.