Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interception

You didn't exactly know what was going on as Natasha keeps her attention on the computer screen.

"Tony, we've got incoming. Everyone needs to suit up." Nat speaks through her in-ear communicator, contacting Tony through it, which alerts him, and hopefully the others, to the situation. Alarms trigger in response. 

You move away from the computer system and shut your eyes, channelling your magic to transform your attire into your Asgardian battle armour. Within the same instant; your large midnight-black feathered wings sprout behind you, with protective steel armour on the top sections. 

You didn't waste any time and knew you couldn't standby and wait; you give Natasha a smile before you run to the balcony and open up your wings fully, before you jump off the railing and begin taking flight, aiming to intercept the unknown enemy. 

LOKI

As I re-enter the common area; I immediately notice my beloved flying off the balcony, dressed in her Asgardian armour. 

I then notice Widow standing by the primative computer, a confused and disapproving expression on my face. "Where's YN flying off to, Widow?" I ask her, wanting answers. YN had promised to remain in the room, so for her to have to break that promise; it didn't bode well. She'd never break a promise.

"Gear up, Loki. The attacker's back. YN's gone to intercept." Widow informs me, not once breaking her focus from the monitor, until she eventually gets the balls to look at me.

I was pissed. YN had gone out to investigate without any sort of back-up, yet it probably wasn't her choice. 

"You allowed her to go alone? Without back up? What were you thinking?!" I glare at her. I was astonished by the lack of stratergy and team work. 

"If you're not going to gear up, Loki, then just watch the screen. I'm tracking both enemy and ally movement." Widow speaks to me in a rash and irritated tone. Midgardians annoyed me...

Meanwhile

YN

The enemy was an unknown to you and you had to be ready for anything. As you travelled closer to their location, you stop a mere few inches from them, blocking their way to Stark Tower. 

You dodge an incoming missile that had been directed straight you, using channelling your magic, picturing it forming into a lasso, with which you use to lasso around the missile and redirect it straight back at to where it had come from, causing an explosion further in the distance. 

"You've made a big mistake in attacking the Avengers. What's the attack count now? The third or fourth attempt? Are you that stupid?" You speak fiercely, clearly quite pissed off and aggitated by the attacker, as you try to wrap your head around the reasons to why they were even targetting the Avengers, especially since it was a battle they couldn't win. 

They must've known that at least, or they could genuinely be that stupid. 

"Stupid? No. Strategic, yes. Whilst you're here, dealing with myself; my associates have managed to partake in capturing one of your companions." A monotone voice responds, allowing you to know that they've taken someone in the team. 

One of your eyebrows raise skeptically. All of the team were brilliant fighters. It would take a considerate amount of force and skill to even attempt to capture one of them. 

"Whoever you've taken; we will get them back from you and whatever your goal is; you'll fail. I can promise you that. You're not going any further." Your voice was filled with unwaving determination and confidence. You were both fierce and devoted. You would do whatever it took to take down the enemy and assist your team in any way possible. 

The figure outstretches their right hand and makes a grab for you, for your throat. At the same time, you witness the distinct glow of red robotic eyes and the hood dropping down from over their head. 

It was a metallic android robot type creature. Completely made of some sort of strong metal. It looked completely strange, alien to you.

"Not when your allies will be too busy fighting you." The monotone voice says, their eyes glowing more vibrantly as they squeeze your throat with their metallic hand, causing you to struggle for breath.