Chapter 1: Partners

You have spent all this time traveling to the point where much of your blood has soaked the back of your coat.

"Goddamn," you muttered.

You remembered the time of the crash. It all occurred years ago...

Your mother was driving you home from school and ran into a massive pile-up of cars. You survived, but your mother was killed.

Just so you wouldn't entirely be dead, you made a deal with your Ripper Doc in exchange for implanting your Sandevistan.

During your long walk, you spent most of the time praying that you would pass out from blood loss. Just as you decided to rest, you received a call from your Ripper Doc.

"Ugh..." you groaned, "Yes?"

Doc: "There's something important I need to tell you."

"What is it now?"

Doc: "You'll be needing immunoblockers now that you got the implant. I'm not giving that up for free."

"How the hell do you expect me I to pay for it then?!"

Doc: "I know a Netrunner that needs your help with a small task."

He gave you the exact pinpoint location of the Netrunner, and you found yourself hopping aboard a train.

"How the hell am I supposed to find her???"

Doc: "Just watch out for a pick socket."

Upon looking around, you saw what appeared to be a young woman picking shards from various passengers.

"She's probably not the one," you thought to yourself.

Upon looking away, you noticed that your own shard was ejected. You activated your Sandivistan and grabbed the hand of the thief.

You quickly realized that the person was, in fact, the same woman who picked all the shards. You remembered that the Doc said that you would probably find a Netrunner on the train.