Chapter 9: Pursued

You and Lucy are speeding through the streets in a Rayfield Caliburn. Lucy held the case you stole while you use your Sandevistan to make narrow turns.

Lucy: "I can't believe Rogue fuckin' set us up! Those guys arrived and started firing the moment we touched this thing!"

"Rogue never does that, Lucy. Besides, she told us to watch our backs when retrieving the case."

Lucy: "I know. Sorry, this was all too sudden."

"Well, once we get the hell away from these bastards, we'll see what's inside this thing. It's high time we find out what we stole."

You saw an armored truck headed your way and you drove through an alley wide enough for the car to drive through.

You zoomed right out of Night City and into the Badlands, where you and Lucy hid out at a motel. After renting a room, you and Lucy saw that it is in heavy disrepair and has not been cleaned in forever.

Lucy: "Why the hell is there a motel here? If you want to rest, you keep driving to the city."

"Take this chair," you said while handing her a chair. "It's the only one that doesn't look like it's falling apart."

Lucy: "Thanks, Y/N."

"Anything for you. Now let's see what Arasaka's trying to take back from us."

You opened the case and saw that it contained a shard.