ten

*Friday*

Jungkook was anxious as he sat at breakfast with his dad and Jin. Today was the day his father would propose to Jin and there was no turning back from that. His mother hasn't called since their last phone call and JK had difficulties to guess what her next step would be.

After they were done eating they went to sit in the garden to enjoy the sun. Jungkook was with the couple as he didn't want to miss what might happen and to defend himself being accussed of something he definetely did.

"Did you hear that?" Jin asked

"Hear what? All I'm hearing is the annoying dog next door!" the student shouted and threw a slice of lemon over the fence

"It's the doorbell. Are we expecting someone or something?" Jin asked as he got up to open the door

"No, I haven't odered anything and I specifically told everyone to leave me alone today." JK's father said and looked at his son

"My packages arrive next week..." 

It took him some time before he realised who was going to be at the door. He sprinted after Jin who had already opened the door and was greeted by a slap.

"Oh shit-" Jungkook said

"Move!" Mrs. Han said and pushed Jin out of her way 

Luckily Jungkook caught Jin who wasn't able to say or do anything but stare at the woman who slapped him.

"What is going on here- Jiho?!" Byung-ho was surprised to see his ex again

"Ah. look who it is: my dear ex-husband who left me for a boy half his age." Jiho said and rolled her eyes

Jungkook didn't want Jin to stay and hear what hurtful things his mum might say about the man so he escorted him to the kitchen. The student took out a bag of frozen vegetables to minimize the swelling and redness of Jin's cheek.

"She is... really strong." Jin commented as JK held the bag to his cheek

"Yeah, it's weird because I never saw her workout." the younger chuckled 

Jin just gave him a slight smile. The two stayed quiet as they listened to the shouting of Jungkook's parents who went to another room to have more privacy.

"Why is she here? How does she know about me?!" Jin asked and looked at Jungkook with confused eyes

"I don't know. She probably has spies everywhere." the student shrugged 

Jin hummed and seemed to get lost in his thoughts. Jungkook watched him and sighed; he couldn't lie to Jin again and if he wanted to keep their relationship as good as it was at the moment he needed to be honest.

"Maybe I accidentally told her about you and dad and that it is quite serious. I'm sorry, it was very inconsiderate of me."

The older male sighed after hearing the confession and he placed his hand over Jungkook's which was holding the bag.

"You're a troublemaker but I can't be that mad at you. It's not like she interrupted a date of ours or something else if you know what I mean" he winked and giggled

"I still feel bad though. What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Buy me strawberries covered in chocolate and then I'll be happy for now."

"Consider it done!"

The younger removed his hand and whipped out his phone to order the strawberries and a few other things to get to the minimum. Within 45 minutes was everything delivered and the two made themselves comfortable in Jungkook's room.