sixteen

It's been a few days since the student had left his home to return back to London. At first he checked his phone for any messages from Jin but there weren't any and he just laughed. It was stupid of him to believe that there was anything special between them. He was just a toy to Jin and a homewrecker at that, the very thing he accussed Jin of.

Jungkook ignored his father's calls and messages as best as he could but after 20 missed calls and over 300 messages and therefore his phone constantly lighting up he ended up blocking his dad.

"You should also block his ass." Jonathan suggested as he heard Jungkook complain about the whole situation again

"I can't! What if he tries to text me or call me?!"

"Didn't you just say he broke your heart and you never want to hear from him again?" Jon raised his eyebrow at his roommate

"Yeah, but I'm petty and when he tries to apologise then I won't acceppt it and shove it into his face."

"Wouldn't he have called or texted already if he wanted to apologise?"

Jungkook threw a pillow at his friend and groaned.

"It's been only two days so..."

Jonathan sighed and grabbed Jungkook by his shoulders. 

"Listen, man, this whole thing isn't healthy for you. Fuck Jin and fuck your dad. You're too good for that and it isn't any of your business anymore. They chose each other and you can't change that. It's time to let this stupid Jin go and block his ass."

Jk looked at his phone and stared at it for a whole minute, hoping a certain name would pop up but it didn't. He blocked Jin also on all platforms and put his phone aside.

"You did great, bro. How about I go order us food while you pick out a movie for us?"

The man just nodded and hugged his friend before making his way to the living room.

*the day of the flight to australia*

Although Jungkook promised Jon to 'stay unbothered' the nerves got the best of him and he unblocked Jin to see if perhaps there were any messages but unsurprisingly there weren't any. He sighed and felt like throwing his phone across the room. The latter opened their chat and scrolled.

"Wow, I'm pathetic...they're prolly on the plane to fucking Australia and I'm sulking in the middle of the night and mourn the non-existant relationship I had with Jin." he mumbled to himself and checked the departures of the airport to see which planes leave for Australia

Jungkook sighed and pressed his face into the pillow before finally turning off his phone.

He woke up at 1pm when he heard the bell ring. The student left his room to see his roommate running to the door.

"I ordered some lunch for us!" Jon yelled as he ran past Jk

He sighed and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and get some cutlery for their food. 

"You guys are getting faster every time. I ordered two days ago and it took like 60 minutes and now just 30. That's crazy! You got a car or a bike?" Jonathan asked while looking at the guy

"Car?"

"Ahh nice." Jon looked the man up and down "Did you forget the food or something?"

"Food? No. Jungkook?"

"What? No, I ordered Indian Food just 30 minutes ago."

Jungkook couldn't help but overhear the conversation. He walked up to the door and his eyes widened when he saw Jin stand there with a small suitcase.

"Jungkook, it's good to see you. I couldn't fully understand what this man was saying but-"

Jungkook panicked and shut the door leaving Jon dumbfounded. 

"Who's that?"

"Obviously not the delivery guy!"

Jonathan just shrugged and the other man sighed.

"That's Jin!"

"Ohh, but what is he doing here? Shouldn't he be marrying your dad? The audacity! I'll tell him off."

Jonathan opened the door again and told Jin to fuck off and leave Jungkook alone to which Jin just blinked a few times as the only things he understood was 'fuck' and 'alone'.

Jon then closed the door again and gave his friend a thumbs up.

"He won't bother us anymore."

"You think he came all the fucking way from Korea just to leave when he is told to fuck off?! He obviously has something to say!"

"And you're letting him?! He hurt you!"

"I need to know what he has to say." Jungkook sighed and grabbed the door handle

"Fine, but I'll keep an eye out if he tries anything funny."

The student opened the door again and signaled Jin to step inside. Jonathan glared at the man and showed him via hand signs that he is watching him before Jungkook pulled Jin into his room for some privacy.

The two sat on the bed and said nothing for a whole minute before the silence was broken by Jk.

"Why are you here?" he asked without looking at Jin

Jin turned to him and replied

"I'm a fucking idiot-"

"Yes. Continue."

"I took you and your love for granted. I became greedy for the attention of two men who I both hurt in the process. I do think that you are funny, handsome and sweet but I couldn't admit that to myself because I felt obligated to stay with your dad. I wasn't sure if it was lust or love until you confessed to me and then left...I had a lot of time to think and I came to the conclusion that it is you who makes me feel butterflies and I am so sorry for not realising sooner and hurting you deeply. I can understand if you hate me now because I ghosted you for days and left you in the dark but I am glad that you let me talk."

Jungkook looked at Jin and kept his poker face. He wasn't sure yet if Jin came here because his dad blew off the wedding or if he came to make things right. 

"What about my dad and your wedding? You guys sure spent a lot of time and money on that."

"After you left they explained everything to me and I wasn't as shocked as they expected. I am not dumb and everyone saw how close they were and they confirmed all my suspicions. At first I felt betrayed and then I realised that I had no right to be because I did the same thing to him and you. I couldn't compete with an old love that never died."

Jin smiled lightly.

"I called off the wedding and said it made no sense for us to keep going like that. We didn't love each other as much as we used to and we had found new loves. I debated whether to call or to text you and but I didn't know if I had the right things to say and as time passed I became more anxious of your reaction. I know I am a coward and I should have followed you that very night. But since I am here I want to make it clear: I am sorry for everything and if you're willing to do so please give me...us another chance."

Jungkook scoffed and crossed his arms.

"I don't know if I can forgive you that easily."

Jin kneeled in front of him and bowed down.

"If you need more-"

"Get up." Jungkook said 

Jin shuddered and got up. He stood in front of Jungkook with his head hanging low. Jungkook also stood up and lifted Jin's face to make him look at him.

"You're such a fucking mess." he said before connecting their lips

Jin quickly responded and clinged to his body. A whine left his lips when the kiss ended and Jk pinched his cheek.

"But you're also too cute." he whispered before pecking the thick lips again and again

Jin just smiled happily and wrapped his arms around Jungkook.