one

Han Jungkook also known as Alex was enjoying his life to the fullest. He studied English and Media studies in London in a flat paid by his parents. He was hanging out with his friend when his phone rang.

"Eyo, JK, your phone is ringing!" Jonathan said while eating his lunch and trying to watch his favourite show on TV

"Who is it?" the man yelled from the bathroom 

"Bro, I don't know. Unlike others I actually respect people's privacy."

JK walked into the living room and grabbed his phone. 

"You need to let it go. It was a dare and you have a weak-ass password. Not my problem that your background is some girl's feet."

"Had and I don't trust you all anymore."

"Whatever," the 24-year-old looked at the caller ID and sighed "It's my mum. I guess I haven't talked to her in a while."

He picked up the call and greeted her.

"Hey, mum, how are you doing?"

"Hello, darling, thanks for asking. I'm doing fine despite the circumstances."

"I know I should call you more often. I'm sorry."

"No, don't worry. I know you're busy and enjoy the distance to your family. Anyway, there is no easy way to say this so I'll make it quick: Jungkook, your father and I are getting a divorce."

"What?! This is so sudden!"

"Forgive me, I worded it wrong. We are already divorced." Mrs. Han corrected herself

"I-"

"After you left he started acting weird and about a year ago he filled for divorce. I mean it was sad but sometimes you fall out of love and to be honest the fire has died down many years ago but we are at that age where you choose comfort over everything else."

"You have been seperated for a whole year and nobody told me?!" Jungkook shouted into the phone, still very shocked about the news.

"It was very hectic. I was trying to find a new house and we had to meet with the lawyers to talk about the whole company and everything. We wanted to tell you at Christmas but you didn't come home."

"We had many video chats during the holidays. At least one person could have told me!"

"We didn't want to ruin the mood but the reason I'm calling isn't the divorce per se."

"Great, anything else you kept from me?"

"Watch your tone when you speak to me, young man!"

"Sorry." JK replied in a softer tone

"Anyway, it seems like any other useless man in this world your father had a mid-life crises and the reason for our divorce is some bimbo around your age. He left me and the life we built togteher for someone who is still attending university... or not. She didn't look that bright to me."

"I can't believe Dad would do something like that. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this alone. Let me be there for you! I'll book a flight and come over!"

"Aww, you would do that for me? That's so sweet. I knew I raised you well but, Kookie, there is something else you can do for me."

"Anything, mum."

"Visit your father and try to talk some sense into him. I'm afraid he might even give your inheritance to that bitch and we don't want that, do we?"

Jungkooks eyes widenend at the thought of not getting a single penny. He sat down on the sofa and took a deep breath. His dad wouldn't do that, would he? That doesn't sound like him but his mum said he is a changed man now.

"Darling, are you still there?"

"Yes, sorry. I'll tell him I come and-"

"Don't tell him! He could try to hide the fact he has a girlfriend so catch him off-guard."

"Alright, whatever you say. I'll call you when I'm at the airport then."

"Yes. Thanks for helping me- helping us, kookie. I love you!"

"Love you too!"

Jungkook ended the call and sighed. He couldn't believe what he just heard. It felt like a dream and honestly he didn't want to wake up.

"Dude, why are you so sad about this? Didn't you always say your parents weren't really affectionate with each other?"

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe because the secure enviorment I fucking grew up in is completely destroyed?! I had two parents my whole life and now I have seperated ones who hate each other. Christmas is ruined, all the family dinners, birthdays... ugh, I fucking hate this."

"Yeah, that sucks." Jonathan agreed and shrugged

"You should consider switching your major to psychology. You really know how to talk to people in distress." JK said in a sarcastic voice and rolled his eyes

"Sorry, I suck at comforting."

"That's not the only thing you suck at!" Jungkook got up and went to his room to pack his suitcase

"You're lucky I can't make any Joe mama jokes right now!" John shouted before directing his attention back to the TV

Jungkook threw his phone on his bed and grabbed his suitcase. How long was he going to stay there? He knew he wanted to take his time to resolve the family issues and if he played his cards right he could attend the upcoming semester online. 

"Nothing and nobody will distract me from bringing them back together. Mid-life crises are temporary, their struggles are temporary and soon they will realise they miss each other. Over 20 years of marriage just thrown away is stupid. They just need help and be reminded what they love about each other. Okay, maybe I'm aiming too high. Let's say good friends. Yeah, I can make that happen. Why am I talking to myself like a psychopath?!"

Jungkook ruffled his hair and sat down at his desk. He needed to go back to Korea ASAP or he might go crazy.

Within a few hours he booked his flight, packed his suitcase and bought presents for his relatives. He was more than ready to face his father and his new girlfriend.