Chapter 2

Memory

Seated in his office, Jimin is still staring at the painting in front of him. He was still in awe of the art. There is something in his heart that cries so much just by staring from that painting. It is because the said painting is a memory of that special person in his life. That person who was by his side when no one does and the only person who never judged him. And the only person who listened to him and his drama in life.

(15 years ago)

It was already late in the afternoon but the sun is still up high. Other kids are playing around, some couples are in the boat having a great time in the middle of the lake, other families doing a picnic, but here in the corner, in a vacant bench was a young man sitting alone. Facing the lake and receiving the light came from the sun.

Jimin, in his young age just experienced the wrathfulness of life. Earlier this morning, his parents was buried. They died in the car accident where the sole survivor is Jimin. Of course it is a trauma for the young man since he was there when the accident happened. They came from a park that time, had a good time that day. They are so happy after celebrating Jimin's championship in chess.

However, no one knows that those happy day will be the last day of their family being complete. Jimin was sitting on that bench alone when a young girl approached him at the back and handed him a piece of paper.

               Jimin was confused at first but after realizing that the man in the drawing is him, he looked up and check who draw it

Jimin was confused at first but after realizing that the man in the drawing is him, he looked up and check who draw it. However, when her turned his head, he saw a young girl smiling in front of him. He didn't say anything and was still confuse on what is happening.

"Life may not be easy for you, but remember, you are not alone fighting the same fight." The young girl said and turned around to leave.

Jimin didn't managed to said anything and just watched the girl leave. The next day, Jimin came back to the park, but this time, the bench was already occupied. He was a bit disappointed because this is particularly the part of the park that he adores. He was about to turn around and go home when someone called his attention.