Chapter 1

Alicent Hightower is the second wife and Queen Consort of King Viserys I, Mother of Aegon II Targaryen, the Childhood companion of Rhaenyra Targaryen, and most importantly the daughter of Otto Hightower his important pawn in the dance. Alicent Hightower died a bitter woman full of anger, resentment, and guilt. She outlived all of her children and grandchildren except her granddaughter Jaehaerya. Alicent Hightower considered herself the plague that destroyed the House Targaryen after all it was her marriage to the king that set the dance in motion.

There were a lot of things she wish she can undo but it is too late at least that's what she believed.

When Alicent opened her eyes she was expected to meet her children or even Rhaenyra but here she was standing in the middle of nowhere the ground is covered in white mist and she can't see anything but the mist, for a minute she wonders if she was in the seven hells it wouldn't surprise her after all the sins she has committed she will gladly accept whatever the punishment the gods will give her.

"You're not in seven hells". A voice startled her. she turned around to meet a woman with silver hair and purple eyes looking everything bit of a Targaryen and regal like a queen but she doesn't remember ever meeting maybe she was an ancestor.

"Who are you". She asked the woman cautiously she was still pretty confused about where she was.

"I'm Shrykos". She answered with a smile on her face.

"Like the goddess". She asked. 

"Yes, I'm the goddess of beginnings, endings, transitions, and doorways."

Alicent quite didn't believe what she was hearing "Why am I here," she asked to which the goddess replied with a smile "You are here help us with something Lady Alicent"

"What do you mean"

"The gods of old Valyria are not quite pleased with how the events have turned. So, we all decided it needs to be changed in order to save our blood. And they have sent me to guide you. Come I have got something to show you Lady Alicent".

Shrykos did a hand gesture creating a cloud of scenery in front of them.

She was surprised to see her younger self with younger Rhaenyra in the Godswood before everything went downhill but something was different it was like she was seeing everything from Rhaenyra's perspective.

She saw the way Rhaenyra looked at her younger self when she was not looking back at her. The look she gave her was filled with love and devotion. She was looking at her like she hung the stars in the sky. Like she was completely smitten by her. Alicent was surprised How did she never see the way the Rhaenyra used to look at her.

Then the scene changes to them both in the council room dread fills her she knows what's about to happen she watched once again as the king announces their wedding the look of heartbreak and betrayal on Rhaenyra's face. Rhaenyra quickly leaves the council room with tears streaming down her face and unable to breathe properly she reaches her room locks her door and completely breaks down. Alicent has only seen like that once the day her mother died it breaks her heart as she watches Rhaenyra in that state.

On the day of her wedding when Rhaenyra was helping her to get ready in her wedding gown and tiara, she watched as Rhaenyra asked her if this was what she truly wanted she replied that it was her duty and she is honored to do it Rhaenyra quickly leaves afterward without saying a word. she watched Rhaenyra's face when she was walking down the aisle her face remained neutral but her eyes were filled with pain like someone drove a knife into her heart. Rhaenyra leaves the throne room when the lords have started taking Alicent and the King for the bedding ceremony she locks herself in her room and cries herself to sleep something she has been doing a lot ever since the announcement of the wedding.