Chapter 7

Alicent was six moons along when she decided that the time to speak with Rhaenyra about the hunt has come. They were in her chambers late at night after Nyra finished teaching Valyrian for the day they just sat there enjoying each other's presence when Alicent decided to voice her thoughts. "Nyra"

"Hmm"

"What do you know about the white hart."

"What. Why are you asking me about it."

"Just answer the question Nyra."

Rhaenyra sighs. "White hart is known as the King of the Kingswood, before Dragons ruled over Westeros it was the symbol of royalty."

"Well, You did pay attention to the septa"

Rhaenyra looked at her with a mock offense. "I always pay attention my love I don't know what you are talking about." Alicent giggled.

"Yes, you are a very good girl and have never caused any trouble." Rhaenyra gave a cheeky smile.

"But why are you asking me this all of sudden."

"Did you know it was my father who suggested the hunt to the King."

Rhaenyra thought for a second. "No. But it makes sense my father likes tourneys more than the hunts."

"Nyra you are not getting it, he suggested the hunt to the King so he will be able to hunt the white hart in the name of Aegon." She watched as the realization dawned upon Nyra.

"So, he could convince The King and the lords that Aegon is the rightful heir."

"Yes, but we can turn it to our advantage. Viserys would want you to join him on the hunt, and when Viserys finds the white hart you will be there with him, not Aegon"

"Then we could make the lords believe it appeared for me, not Aegon. Alicent that is a wonderful idea but are you sure it will work what if we are unable to find the hart."

"Well, we just have to wait and see if the gods really favor you, and I believe they do."

"Do you truly, it feels like even father doesn't believe in me, most of the time when I voice my opinion on a conflict he shoots it down and sends me away to do minor tasks." God, she hates Viserys, of how much love he holds for Nyra, he never loved her right, he made her his heir and left Nyra to deal with the vipers alone, he never taught her the duties of the heir as he would have if Aemma gave him a son, he always underestimated her because she is a woman he thinks he is protecting her from the weight of the crown but his need to protect her has only made her position more vulnerable.

"I do. I believe you would become a great Queen Nyra but you would need guidance. No one is born to be a just ruler they have to learn to rule. You have a good heart and a good head the two things that make someone a just ruler and your father will come around, he is scared to put the burden on you but he doesn't realize he had already done the minute he named you his heir."

Rhaenyra sighed. "I wish I was born a son"

"Why" Alicent frowned.

"Because had I been a son my father wouldn't have pushed my mother for heir and she would probably be here and I would be the one that got to marry you not my father you Aegon would have been my son, not my bother"

"Your mother might be alive but I don't know I would have loved you if you were a boy."

"Why not" Nyra was shocked by the revelation

"Because if you were a boy then you wouldn't be Realm's delight and I am sure you would be more like your uncle and you wouldn't be my Nyra, besides I love you just the way you are" She pulled Rhaenyra into a sweet kiss. "And since we are talking about your marriage." She prompted after breaking the kiss.