Chapter 12

****************The Previous Night****************

Daemon has retired to his chambers at night still frustrated about the fact that the Queen has turned his niece into her puppet along with his brother. Daemon knew about his niece's feelings towards the Hightower girl for years now. He has seen it every time he came to visit her, they were practically inseparable ever since they met. In the beginning, he was skeptical about the Hightower girl even though she was just a kid, she is still Otto's daughter, but over the years as he has seen them grow together he has seen how happy the Hightower girl makes Rhaenyra and he also remembers Aemma telling him, how good of an influence she was on Rhaenyra. Alicent was the girl who tamed the wild Targaryen princess.

As the years went by the affection between Alicent and Rhaenyra also grew, it was very obvious to the people around them except for people like Viserys it seems. But Daemon was no fool, he saw the way Rhaenyra looked at Alicent, saw the way her eyes would light up anytime she saw Alicent or when she was talking about her. He also saw the way Alicent used to look at Rhaenyra. When he got the news of Viserys' marriage to Alicent he was shocked he couldn't believe Viserys would do that to his daughter, but it did not take much time to realize Otto was behind all of that. Viserys has fallen into the trap laid out by Otto, and now he is afraid Otto is using his daughter to control Rhaenyra just like he used his daughter with Viserys, and considering Rhaenyra's feelings towards Alicent it would be much easier to trap her than Viserys. But he had thought his niece knew better, he thought she would be devastated by the betrayal and would not fall for the trap, but it looks like he was wrong, he underestimated Alicent's ability to gain control over Rhaenyra. And, now he will have to make his niece see the truth even if it means breaking her heart once again, it will be for her own good.

Daemon made his way to the wine that was placed in his chambers he lifted the flagon to pour himself a glass of wine when he saw the small parchment that was under it, he put the flagon down and took the parchment, he opened it and immediately recognized the handwriting of his niece. Come to my room, uncle. Make sure no one sees you. It was written in high valyrian likely to make sure no one can understand even if they find it. He threw the parchment into the fireplace and made his way towards the secret passageway.

Daemon entered Rhaenyra's room through the secret passageway and saw Rhaenyra sitting in the seatee before the fireplace. She turned to look at him when she heard him come in.

"Welcome, Uncle." Daemon smiled at her thankful that she was not at cross with him, maybe he could convince her about Alicent's hidden intention with her. But that smile slipped away a little at what she told him next. "We have been waiting for you."

"We?" Daemon questioned her.

"Yes, We, my prince." He turned to the voice to see Alicent walking towards Rhaenyra with two wine glasses in her hands. She handed Rhaenyra a glass before bending down to kiss her on the lips. An act that surprised Daemon he had suspected they were together but he did not expect them to be so open about it in front of him. "We have been waiting for you for quite some time my prince." Alicent handed him the other glass of wine which he reluctantly took from her still skeptical to see her here. Alicent went back to get her a glass of wine.

Daemon looked back at Rhaenyra. "I thought you wanted to talk to me. What is she doing here, Rhaenyra." Daemon spoke in high valyrian not wanting the Queen to understand him.

"She's here because it was her idea in the first place. She was the one who came up with the plan." Rhaenyra replied to him.

"What are you talking about? What kind of plan."