IV.

Chanel's POV

It had been a couple of days since Gareth and I had our kiss and I had moved into the apartment that had the beautiful kitchen in it.

"What are you thinking about?" Gareth asked me "I was thinking about the first time we kissed here in this kitchen" I said as I watched him cook for me. "Do you want their to be other times?" he asked with a huge smirk on his face. "Maybe" I said blushing. "What are we doing here?" he asked "What do you mean?" I asked him confused. "I like hanging out with you but, I want more" he said "You know I can't give you that" I said "Well, aren't we just wasting each others time then?" he asked sighing. "No, were not I like your company." I said "Just not in public places" I said eyeing her. "Its complicated" I said shrugging my shoulders. "Isn't it always" he said gathering his things to leave. "Please don't go I'm sorry" I said kissing him. "You can't keep kissing me and then saying you want to be just friends" he said pulling away and leaving slamming the door behind him.
A couple of days had pasted since Gareth got mad at me and walked out and honestly I miss him.

Knock, Knock I ran to the door thinking it was Gareth but, it was even better. "Omg Cassie what are you doing here" I said running to hug her. "I wanted to surprise you" she said hugging me. "How long are you staying here" I asked her pretty much screaming from excitement. "Just for the weekend" she sighed "That's I guess we're just gonna have to make the best of it" I said smiling "Ok so, what are we gonna do first?" She asked "Well, Cris texted me this morning and said the team is having a cook out on the beach and all family so invited you wanna go" I asked her "Of course I would never say no to free food" she said laughing "Me either" I smirked "We have to go get ready" she said pulling me off into my bedroom. When we arrived on the beach I started looking around for Gareth but, I didn't see him. "Hey" Cassie said running up to my brother and giving him a huge hug I always thought that they'd be perfect together I thought. "Why didn't you tell me she was here?" Cris said smiling "It was a surprise she just showed up this morning" I said "Well, I'm glad your here" Cris said talking Cassie around and introducing her to people. I walked around for a bit with no sign of Gareth I guess he's not here I thought. "Hey why are you over here by yourself?" Lucas asked approaching me "Just trying to clear my head" I said "Well come on back and join the party" he said taking my hand. The rest of the night was boring without Gareth. "What's wrong?" Cassie asked sitting beside me on the sand. "Nothing" I said "Your such a terrible liar" she said "Ok fine I was expecting Gareth to be here but he's not" I said sounding disappointed "I'm right here" I heard a voice say and I turned around and there he was. "Where have you been all day?" I asked him. "I was busy and who is this?" He asked smiling "This is my best friend, Cassie" I said and they exchanged hellos. "I'll leave you two alone then" Cassie said running off to find Cris. "How have you been?" I asked him as we took a scroll along the beach. "Good now that I've had time to think" he said "About what" I asked "Us, I've accepted that we can only be friends but a small part of me wishes things can be different" he said as he stopped waiting and stood as we faced each other. "I wish things could be different too" I said "There about to shoot fireworks" Lucas yelled completely running the moment. "Well, I guess you better get back" Gareth said "Your not coming?" I asked him "Three's a coward" he said before I went off to joined everyone else.