6

I felt a weight on me and opened my eyes to see Lo'ak sitting on top of me. »Good morning my favorite sister!«

»Lo'ak what's wrong with you?« i yawned and rubbed my eyes to see better.

»Only one flight on Torukyna, pleaseeee« he begged.

I put my hand up to smack him off me and he grabbed them to divide himself.

Suddenly my door was opened and neteyam stood there with a shocked look on his face, seeing me laying on my bed with his brother sitting on top of me and holding my hands above my head. great. that's really great. oh eywa please help me, this is so embarrassing.

»It's not what it looks like...« i started

»Anyway, breakfast is ready, come eat.« neteyam interrupted me and was about to walk away.

»Wait teyam, let me be your breakfast!« i called after him and i could see how he started to grin as he walked away which also made me smile to myself.

»Eww you guys are so weird please stop it« Lo'ak said, still sitting on me so i pushed him away from me onto the ground.

»Never do that again you skxawng« i stood up and walked out of the room, leaving him still lying on my floor.

After breakfast i sat on the beach with kiri again, we watched people and gossip about them as usual.

»Kiri i don't understand him« it came out of me.

»You think i ever understood our brothers at all?« she rolled her eyes.

»No but why can't we be together« i looked down and played with the sand in my hands.

»You ask wrong person sis«

We watched how tsireya taught lo'ak to swim. he was a really slow learner. either he's just stupid or he is doing it on purpose to spend more time with her, which would actually be really cute. but well it's still loak where you never know.

»Hey keya look over there.« she nudged me and pointed with a head movement to the other side. i saw Neteyam standing there with a girl. she was about our age but really ugly. i don't know her but i know that i already hate her. she had thin short braided hair and light blue clothes with small ugly stones on them. she laughed with him and put her hand on his shoulder. she was clearly flirting with him,  i mean neteyam is not even funny at all.

»Who is this ?« i asked kiri and raise my eyebrows before looking back at them. what are they talking about? they've been talking to each other for a really long time and the conversation can't be that entertaining.

»I don't know...«

The girl put one of her hands around his face and the other lying on his chest and he let her touch him.

He let her touch him? Neteyam always rejects any girl who wants to talk to him but this time he does nothing. something is not right. i can feel it.

»Wait a minute, i'll be right back« i got up and made my way to them.

»If you don't take your ugly fish hands off of him in the next two seconds, you won't have hands.« i told her and she looked even uglier up close.

She grinned but took her hands away from neteyam and looked at him again. »isn't that your sister?«

»Talk to me bitch« i kept walking towards her and took her chin in my hand to force her to look at me.

»Who you calling a bitch? What if not?« she replied. i pressed my lips together before i got even closer to her and hissed.

»Keya why don't you-« started neteyam and grabbed my arm, trying to keep me away from her.

»Shut the fuck up neteyam.« i hissed at him too and freed my arm from his grasp.

»Someone must be jealous« she said, putting her hand provocatively on his chest again and looking into my eyes. eywa forgive me but i will kill this girl and if not today then another time.

I grabbed her braids and pressed her back against me, taking my knife out from my thigh and holding it against her neck. »You touch him again and i'll cut your fucking hand off and shove it down your throat you worthless piece of shit.« i drove the knife against her throat and left a trail of blood and could hear her breathing getting heavier.

»No keya don't do that!« neteyam removed me from the girl and tried to pull me away with him.

She fell to the ground, crying and hiding her face with her hands. She was clearly afraid of me just as it should be.

I like hurting other people. mentally as well as physically. i really enjoyed it and i feel no regret, no remorse for all the people i killed. i loved the looks on their faces when they are about to die or the glaze as they tried to hide how much i was hurting them with my words. trust me i would do anything to protect my family.

and in this case i don't like to share, what's mine is mine only.

»If you ever feel safe please remember that i'm out there.« i whispered to her before letting neteyam pull me along with him.

Lo'ak saw everything and told our parents because i didn't want to fly with him on torukyna but my brother snitching on me again is also nothing new.

»Remember? Family Meeting.« said neteyam and pulled me down by my hand with him.

»What's the one thing i have asked for tikeyna?« Jake asked me, kneeling down in front of me.

»To stay out of trouble« i answered our father, looking at the ground in shame.

»It was not her fault« neteyam interrupted as always to help me.

»I don't think so, stop always taking the blame from the two idiots« neytiri said and pointed to me and lo'ak. »You almost killed a young girl keya, you brought shame to this family...« jake continued

»Yes sir but-« i tried to explain myself.

»That's enough! I don't want to hear it, you only cause the trouble here. You're grounded.« then he turned to the others »you can go, keya will stay here«

As soon as the others left, i got up »i'm not really grounded, right?«

»Of course not my angel« neytiri said, putting her hand on my cheek.

»Wait a bit before you go out and don't say a word to your siblings, understand?«

»Yes sir« i laughed and jake joined me, patting me on my head before walking out of the house.

i guess it's just another advantage of being the favorite child after tuk.