Chapter 3

3 Month later

Hailey and Jay couldn't be happier.
Last week they had passed their exams to become special agents and their new team was like family to them.

Jay was settled and himself again for the first time in months. He went to therapy with Jack once a week and talked to her about Afghanistan. She had been in the Army herself and could understand Jay very well and it also helped her to deal with her own traumas from the Army time.

In Nick Jay found a real best friend for maybe the first time. The two could no longer live without each other what Hailey sometimes even annoyed because it already felt like Nick lived with them because he was so often there.
But she was also overjoyed for her husband that he was finally happy and himself again and also she herself was happier than ever, she had a great job, friends who were like family, her best friend back with her and the best husband in the world.

So what could make this happiness even more perfect? At this moment, the two did not even think that soon something would change in their lives.

              Two weeks later

Today they had to do paperwork, so they were all pretty annoyed because everyone in the team hated paperwork.
When Gibbs got a call that there was a dead petty officer near the Navy Yard, the team quickly made their way to the scene.

At the scene, Jay and McGee were busy with witness statements while Hailey took photos. Ellie and Nick were wrapping up the evidence while
Jimmy examined the body and told Gibbs the time of death.

Hailey noticed how she suddenly felt sick and quickly pushed the camera into Nick's hand and ran to a trash can where she threw up.
Gibbs caught on and immediately ran after her. "Hailey are you okay?" He put a hand on her back. "Yeah it's all good Gibbs,I probably just upset my stomach." "You're going to go back to the Navy Yard with Jimmy and the body and let him check you out. I'll go with you. The others can carry on here without us." Hailey just nodded and walked with Gibbs to Jimmy who packed the body into the van.

McGee walked with Jay to Ellie and Nick who watched as Gibbs and Hailey got into the coroner's van.
"What's going on?" asked Jay immediately, slightly concerned as the van drove off.
Ellie looked at Jay as she said "Your wife just threw up in the trash can. Could it be that she's pregnant or something?" "No Hailey is not pregnant. She can't be pregnant,we've never really discussed kids." said Jay and you could see slight panic in his eyes.

"Exactly that is totally impossible Ellie,if Hailey was pregnant what would happen to me?" asked Nick in a panic which made Ellie laugh. "Then Jay will probably leave you for his wife and baby. He'll be the new McGee who never has time because he has to sing poop songs for his kids. Or the new Jimmy whose Saturday highlights are tea parties with his daughter's stuffed animals." 
Nick looked at Ellie slightly angry "Don't make fun of my pain Bishop. I'm not ready for a baby."

"You don't have to be ready for a baby either Nick.Jay has to be ready for a baby" Ellie said and everyone looked at Jay who was totally shocked and didn't know how to react. McGee tried to calm everyone down "Maybe Hailey just got a stomach bug. She doesn't have to be pregnant right away because she threw up once, and if they haven't talked about having kids yet, they'll probably use birth control."

When Gibbs and Hailey arrived at the Navy Yard and were in the elevator,he stopped the elevator. "Are you two contracepting?" He asked Hailey, looking her in the eye.  "What, what are you getting at Gibbs?" "Answer my question and then you'll figure it out for yourself."
"Yes we use birth control most of the time but not all of the time...but there's no way I'm pregnant." "Are you really sure? What are your symptoms Hailey?" "I've been nauseous for a few days and have thrown up a few times in the morning. I just thought it was the food and luckily Jay didn't notice because he's usually at the gym with Nick in the morning. Otherwise he would have dragged me to the doctor or called his brother by now."

Gibbs had to grin and hugged her. "You're pregnant Hailey,it's called morning sickness and will be over in a few weeks with luck. Shannon wasn't so lucky back then and had that morning sickness until 6 months but once she had Kelly in her arms she didn't care how exhausting the pregnancy was. Kids are the best thing that can happen to you."

"Gibbs I can't be pregnant. I don't even know if Jay wants kids.I don't even know if I want kids myself or can even be a mom. It's so perfect right now and I don't want to jeopardize our happiness with an unplanned pregnancy when we both might not even want kids."
She started crying in Gibbs' arms and panicked.
Gibbs calmed her down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "You both will be great parents and we will all support you every step of the way no matter what you decide. Now go get checked out by Jimmy and then talk to Jay calmly about it."
Hailey nodded and wiped away her tears and Gibbs turned the elevator back on.

Once inside the autopsy, Jimmy drew Hailey's blood and had her take a pregnancy test, which was positive, but Abby would check her blood work to be sure.

Gibbs went into the office and continued working on the case, the rest of the team returned to the Navy Yard from the crime scene.
Hailey joined Abby in the lab, who was excited to hear what she had to look for in her best friend's blood. "I'm going to be the best auntie for your little baby."
Hailey smiled slightly as Abby was so excited, hopefully Jay would be too.

Abby's computer beeped just as Jay came down to the lab and immediately hugged his wife. "Are you okay?" he asked her anxiously. "Yeah I'm fine. I just felt sick..but it could be that I'm pregnant.."
Before Jay could answer Abby interrupted them both "It couldn't just be Hailey, you are. You Guys are going to be parents.You are probably 8 or 9 weeks. With an ultrasound you could tell more accurately." Abby fell into Jay and Hailey's arms and hugged them both tightly.
After she let go of them,Jay looked Hailey in the eye and put a hand on her stomach. "We're having a baby Hails." With tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips, Hailey nodded and saw a sparkle in Jay's eyes that she had never seen before.