Section Eight

Two years after the original Screentime incidents took place, Discord had become completely bugged and glitched. Screentime faded into nothing but a blurple heart, flickering in wires within the cracks and bugs of Discord's coding. Without Screentime Discord was nothing. They needed a new Screentime.

"Marissa! Breakfast!" Marissa's mom called from the first floor on their two-story house. Marissa's mom was a single mother. Her father divorced her when Marissa was only two. They got into an argument over custody over their cousins since both parents had died in a car accident. Marissa's mom, who's name is Emily, had long red hair. She also had brown eyes and a gorgeous smile. Emily was a supermodel. Marissa had red hair as well but had blue eyes from her dad. Her hair was long but she usually had it up in a ponytail.

Despite her mother calling her, Marissa stayed up in her room, sitting on Discord. No matter how glitchy and buggy it was, she quite enjoyed it. The original owners had stopped caring for Discord as a whole since they got too busy with other things. Marissa was so caught up in browsing through various servers when...

"Marissa Jamie Gondales! How many times must I call you! Breakfast is ready!" Marissa's mom swung her door open. "Honey, that site is not going to get better if you sit there and browse through it!"

"The owners gave up on coding it! I wanna find a server where they try to fix it!" Marissa argued. They both walked down the massive flight of stairs as Marissa exhaled. Marissa's mom was too busy talking to the maids and butlers in their home that she forgot her daughter sitting next to her at the table seconds after walking into the kitchen from the hall they had just came from. Marissa snuck her phone under the table and browsed through Discord again. Her friends and her had a private server, and everyone was getting annoyed at the glitching and buggies on Discord.

"Marissa... Seriously, put the phone down for two seconds." Marissa's mom complained as she took several selfies. Marissa scoffed and turned off her phone. Her phone buzzed two seconds later with a notification from Discord, saying that someone sent a message in her server with a link to a Creepypasta known as Screentime.

"I'm not the one snapping a billion photos for Instagram only to get more sponsorships. And what are you even wearing? That makeup makes you look like a clown, mom." Marissa said with a pinch of attitude. Marissa's mom slammed her phone on the table with a look of pure anger.

"What is with your attitude today, young lady? Go to your room, now." Marissa's mom ordered as Marissa screamed and shoved her chair around, then went to her room. She could never understand why her mom was so hard on her, yet she just wanted answers to her questions. Marissa was 19 and should have been moved out but was working on gathering up money for a home of her own.

Marissa sat at her computer crying, until she got a Discord notification. She opened it and saw the links and messages. The messages sent are below with Marissa and a friend in DMs:

MariSpider: What the heck did I miss

PenguinBish💀: Uhhh we found the reason why discord is glitched

MariSpider: Is it the screentime stuff

PenguinBish💀: Yea

PenguinBish💀: Marissa you may have to hack, idk but apparently there's a house that was once his about a block away from you, i can send the address

MariSpider: idk, this seems off

PenguinBish💀: omg just do it for the gang, you know what this means, you need to save discord not only for us but for the world

MariSpider: Jasmine idk if i can, you know me

PenguinBish💀: girl listen

PenguinBish💀: if you don't do it soon then we're all doomed, this thing could affect the whole internet as we know it, screentime basically controls all of the internet, if discord is this fucked then imagine what would happen to the whole internet

MariSpider: Send the address, i'm going

PenguinBish💀: Don't get caught by medusa lmao

MariSpider: she's more of a female pennywise but okay lmao

Marissa was sent the address, then shut down her computer and logged out of Discord, and then climbed out her window carefully. Closing it and making sure it was locked, she made her way towards the house.

She stood in front of it minutes later and walked in. Nature had taken over it completely. Vines, branches and moss had began growing inside the house. Pipes had burst and the place stank of mold and mildew but she went upstairs to what seemed like Screentime's old room. On a desk was a Windows 95 computer he used. She pressed the power button and, oddly, it went on. She was impressed that it went on, but she began browsing around. Discord was an icon at the bottom. She clicked it and Discord began running normally with little to no bugs at all. When the list of DMs screen should have showed up, it had turned the computer off. A black screen showed up with text that read the following:

"Marissa. It's Screentime. I need you to help me. I'm trapped in here and I can't get out. I don't know how much longer I can last. They trapped me here for murdering people years ago but... I want out."

Marissa was scared and gave the computer a funny look.

"Don't give me that look. Please just help me. I need you to save the internet as we know it. If you can free me you can free the internet."

Marissa wanted to help her new friend. So she nodded.

"I need you to become one with me. Just jump into the screen and our bodies will become one, my heart intertwined with yours. We need to save the internet, we need to save your friends. We need to save you. The world is counting on you."

Marissa closed her eyes as the screen turned off. She began crying a bit because Screentime had become aware of what he had done. He wasn't a monster who needed to be locked away. The internet was at risk, her friends were at risk. She didn't want her friends to be sucked up by the internet then brutally murdered by an unknown force. Marissa dove into the screen and became one with Screentime. Her red hair had become brown hair (which was a combination of both characters hair shades). Her hair was short and she had become a genderless elf that uses it/its pronouns. It had on a black tank top with a skull on it, goggles on its head, a pair of black, ripped jeans and a pair of combat boots. In its hands was a Nerf gun but it seemed to work like an actual gun that shot lasers. It had on fingerless leather gloves.

It was the new Screentime.

Screentime seemed happy in that moment. (Canonly, their name in this form, other than Screentime, is Margnus, which is a cursed mixture of Marissa and Magnus. The "n" is silent by the way.) Its goal was to find and destroy the other virus, which seemed to be somewhere in Discord's coding. So, with the coding skills Screentime had, and the amount of energy, it worked it's way towards the problem.

The only issue was that there were spider-like viruses crawling around, and one bite from one could be fatal. Screentime's life was on the line and it didn't wanna lose, not after being trapped for so long. So it began fighting for its freedom, for its life and for those in need.

When the code was found, Screentime rewrote the code and fixed everything, then pressed enter and Discord was back online. The owners noticed and began working again for their site. Everyone's life was normal. Internet spends went back up after Screentime fixed the internet's code directly after fixing Discord's code. Screentime knew that staying in the internet was best, so it messaged its friends and opened a portal to the Creepypasta realm, then stayed with the Creepypastas.

Sooner or later, Screentime and Marissa broke off from being fused after the internet was saved. The two, separate entities.