End of the road

Blake POV

Lorelei was asleep peacefully on the bed, it killed me to leave her after just marking her, but it was time to leave.

I was going to meet Townlsey alone, and it was I who was going to take him into custody, dead or alive, it was time to stop this before Lorelei and her psychotic EX made a mess of everything.

As much as I wanted to stay, just let the Minister take care of it, and special forces, I couldn't sit back and watch the man I looked up to get away with a slap on the wrist, I wanted to be there for every single step of his capture, up until his punishment.

I hadn't told Lorelei, Ren or Rolen about Townsley, knowing fully that it would only end in bloodshed.

I can't let Lorelei get hurt because of a five year revenge plot Rolen Keen told her about, he's too selfish to not make sure Lorelei doesn't get caught in the cross fire.

At the end of the day, Lorelei wouldn't stand a chance against an Alpha male whose been trained his entire life to avoid capture, he'd kill her and she could do nothing, being human was her disadvantage.

She was my mate first, she can hate me for this, but I'll do anything to keep her and Becca alive, and away from Townsley.

I had gotten ready and left the bedroom, closing the door quietly behind me, a sudden voice made me freeze.

"Where are you going?" 

Rolen Keen was resting against the wall with his arms crossed, with a face filled with emotions I could only see as loss, and rage as soon as he smelled me.

"That's none of your business." I state, staring coldly at him. "Why are you out here?"

Rolen looks at me and then without missing a beat, he lunges for me with his sharp claws, aimed directly at my jugular, if I wasn't fully healed I wouldn't be able to dodge it, but luckily for me, I did, and pushed his arm away.

"You mated with my fiancé!" He hissed out lowly, heaving and hissing as he stares daggers into me.

Oh- I see now. 

I laughed lowly and stared at the man who made one of the biggest mistakes of his life, not rebelling against Townsley, his people... all for revenge... but a man who had just lost the woman he thought he would spend the rest of his life with.

"She's my mate now, there's no undoing it, she accepted the bond and mated with me." I told him, tilting my neck, my eyes coldly on him.

His eyes falter and he stumbled back once his eyes laid rest on my neck, small bitemarks and sign of Lorelei and I's mating, an unbreakable bond not even a lowly vampire could break, no matter what he does.

"Just because you've convinced her you're not the man everyone else thinks you are, don't think for a second she owes you anything, you're too late, you fucked up and chose wrongly."

"You couldn't possibly understand our bond." His jaw clenched, and red eyes blazed in the dark lit hallway.

"We have a daughter together, do you really think she's going to not come to me?" He shook his head, convinced. "I will always be in her life, I wonder how long you'll be in hers?"

Was he threatening me? Whatever he was trying to do wasn't working, I could kill Rolen any time I wanted, wherever I wanted, he could never escape me once I had gotten his scent, yet- he was threatening me.

It was laughable, but it also made me change my plan.

I couldn't leave him here with Lorelei without anyone watching him, Ren was a coward and weak, he's protect the child before he protected Lorelei, which meant I had to do something about Rolen Keen.