Home

As Blake and I traveled through the forest by foot, I could tell there was more Blake wanted to ask me.

"Just ask me already." I huff out, looking behind my shoulder at him. "We're almost there so you should get it out of your system now before there's no time for it."

Blake grinned and then laughed out. "Was I that obvious?"

Yes, you moron!

As if I wouldn't notice him staring at me the entire time, and every time I turned to see what it was, he turned his head like he wasn't just gawking at me with a question behind those Alpha eyes of his.

"Is this about Ren?" 

He growls as I say his name, Blake coming up to walk beside me instead of behind me.

"Why is he looking after your daughter? And not someone else?" He pondered angrily. "He's a wanted vampire, related by blood to Rolen Keen, having someone as dangerous as him in your life, and your daughters could put your lives at risk."

I laugh out once I see his face, serious and protective, thinking of my little girl like she was his own, with that Alpha instinct in his tense muscles and the way he talks.

"Ren is my best friend." I shrug my shoulders, seeing Blake's eyes flash from the corner of my eyes. "Before Rolen, Ren was the boy nobody wanted to speak to, because of how powerful and pure their bloodline."

"Ren was an outcast, sure he could have anything he wanted, where my family barely got by with the clothes on our back, we formed an alliance you could say... we grew close, and then I met Rolen."

Blake sighed deeply, making his chest rumble, an annoyance in his step as I have a smile on my face, remembering the good days from the past, before everything from bad to worse.

Suddenly, Blake stops and sniffs the air as his hand reaches out and stops me from walking, putting his finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet as his eyes stick to the trees above us, alert and standing ready to shift.

What I wouldn't do to have those senses.

Blake, with killer instincts, pushes me to the ground, too fast to see why and what for as he catches something in his hands, that was aimed directly at where I was standing, when Blake opens his palm, I see a rock.

"STOP!" I call out, stopping Blake from shifting as his eyes have already changed color, his beast seconds from hunting.

"It's Ren." I say, standing up, looking around for him.

Ren, as I expected, appeared where I would least expect him as I hear a whistle sing through the trees, making the leaves shake on the branchers, Blake standing alert, and annoyed as I laugh, having not heard the tune he whistles for what seemed like years.

"You're getting rusty Lorelei." 

I turn around and see Ren, in front of me, much to Blake's annoyance as he sneaked up on us, but I don't pay him any mind as I run into Rens's arms and kiss the side of his face, happy to see his face after so long.

Ren hugs me back, then lifts me up and spins me around with a big grin on his face, showing his sharp fangs over his top lip.

Once he puts me down, Blake comes to stand in front of me, tall and puffed out, displaying his Alpha side as he stares down at Ren, who was smaller, thinner, without a single muscle on his body to match Blake's, as Blake asserts dominance over him.

I roll my eyes and put my hand on Blake before he could get any closer to Ren, who grins from ear to ear at the large, Alpha wolf.

"Ren, this is-"