Incoming storm

"Can you stop, before I shoot you?" Blake snarls angrily at Ren.

Ren rolls his eyes and puts his teeth away, making Becca frown sadly, until she turns to Blake, her facial expression changing once she sees me sitting next to him.

I drink my coffee and try to ignore both of them, it was too early to tell them to both to stop behaving like children.

Honestly, the two of them, they've not stopped arguing since we got back to the cabin.

"Mommy, are you going to marry Blake?" Becca asked, making me almost choke on my coffee.

"W-What?" I cover my mouth coughing, as Blake puts his hand on my back and rubs it.

Becca shrugs her shoulders then gets up from the floor where she sat with Ren, then she runs over to the corner where her dolls were, leaving me alone with two men, looking at me for answers.

Marriage? We haven't even been together yet, he hasn't even bit me, we've never even got that far, and where the hell did my sweet little daughter learn about such things?

.....

Ren!

"What have you been teaching her?" I whisper yell at him as he stood up.

"I simply told her the truth." He said, sitting at the table with us.

"I won't lie to my niece, if she asks me a question I will tell her how it is, she's a smart kid, and she can handle it, Lorelei."

Blake puts his hand on my leg and snarls lowly at Ren. "Perhaps you should keep some things for Lorelei to explain, vampire."

"Vampire?" Ren spoke lowly, glaring at Blake.

"Honestly you two, stop it!" I finally snap. "Can't you both at least pretend to like each other, for one more day? At least until we go tomorrow."

Ren scoffs and turns his head, folding his arms against his chest. "You can reject him you know."

Blake abruptly stands from his chair, as does Ren as they stand and glare at each other, making me groan out and rub my forehead roughly.

"She's my mate, she's not leaving me!" Blake says threateningly, making Ren scoff.

"She has a choice, you big stupid mutt!" He said, with a growing smirk. "She can do better than some overbearing muscled Alpha with abandonment  issues."

"What did you just say!?" 

"ENOUGH!" I yell out, slamming my empty coffee mug on the table.

I stand up and walk over to Becca and take her hand as she stands up with her doll in her hand, looking at Ren and Blake with wide curious eyes as I try and keep myself under control and not strangle them both right this instant.

"How about we take a walk Becca-Bee?" I suggest, happily smiling at my little girl as she nods her head excitably.

"Lorelei-" Both men say, but I hold my hand up and stop them.

Honestly, these men think they're so different from each other, but they're practically the same person, they're both overbearing and highly protective, and equally annoying.

"I can handle myself." I tell them both sternly. "We're going to take a nice walk, and when we get back I want the both of you to kiss and make up."

"Right Becks?" I say, making Becca giggle and nod her head.

"Kiss up!" She says, making Ren and Blake look at each other with hateful stares.

I walk to the door with Becca in my hand, Blake walks over to me before I leave with Becca and puts his forehead to mine, and despite not being fully mated to Blake just yet, I could feel the tenseness in him letting me leave without him.

Blake was a man of few words, but he really did care for me and Becca even though he had not known us for that long, I was starting to get used to having a man in my life again, and in Becca's.

"Stay safe, don't go too far." Blake pleads, and I nod my head.

"We're just going to take a short breather, we'll be back in 5, okay?" I tell him, making him sigh heavily, before nodding his head.

With that, and Becca's hand in mine, I take one last look at both men with worried looks on their faces and step out through the front door with my daughter, and into the cool breeze of the forest surrounding the cabin.

It was a beautiful day, but from the distance I could see a dark cloud making it's way to where we were, meaning that a storm was coming and that soon- pretty soon, we'll be caught up in it.

"Let's go Be-"

I feel a sharp pain in my chest, so sharp it makes me cry out and drop to my knees as I clench my chest tightly, letting go of Becca's hand I see her from the corner of my eye run back to the cabin behind me.

I felt a hand on my back and then I saw Blake bend down in front of me, worry in his eyes as his lips moved, but despite him speaking, I couldn't hear a single thing coming out of his mouth, it was like I had suddenly lost my hearing.

The sharpness in my chest worsened, Blake had picked me up and carried me back inside, not before stopping at the door and staring out to the forest, but being unable to move and turn my head to see what he was looking at, I stare at Blake and the menacing look on his face.

I knew then... I knew from the look on his face that something had happened, and someone was in the forest, which meant the pain in my chest could only mean one thing, and that one thing was familiar.

There's only one person who made me feel helpless before and only once had I felt this pain, and since then- since that day, I haven't felt it until now.

It felt like my heart was breaking and my bones were breaking.

I hadn't felt like this since I left Rolen... I haven't felt like this since then... since I left him bleeding on the floor after I shot him...

He's here.

Rolen is here and we couldn't be more unprepared.