Page 7

I began to gently lift my head off of the pillow to look at my digital clock on my nightstand. The time read 8:37 and I remembered it was Christmas Eve. That was my second Christmas Eve without Rene. Every Christmas Eve Rene and I usually celebrate with his family.

But that year I had promised Michael that I would celebrate with him and his kids. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to ditch Michael for Christopher that morning. While laying to my side I could feel Christopher putting his body on my back skin to skin.

"Good morning Christopher" I said softly.

"Ugh I love the way that sounds.
Good morning beautiful" he said before
kissing my back.

I smiled after feeling his gentle lips kiss my back. I eventually sat up and looked at him laying there. His eyes were half closed as he lied there looking beautiful in my bed.

"Are you tired" I asked him.

"Kinda" he said stretching.

"Well I'll be in the bathroom, I have a extra toothbrush in my bathroom when you want to freshen up."

"Why you got a extra toothbrush on deck" he asked squinting his eyes at me.

"Because I'm always changing mine"

"Sure you are"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing baby, Merry Christmas Eve" he said smiling.

"Mmhm" I mumbled getting out of bed.

That morning I brushed my teeth and took a shower. In my shower I kept my eyes closed while I washed my face before Christopher came in scaring me. I screamed once I felt two hands on my waist.

"Ahh... My god Christopher!"

"I'm sorry baby"
he said laughing from behind me.

After washing up he followed me into the room and watched me as I got dressed. Once we were both dressed I looked at myself in the mirror doing my hair.

"You look amazing where are you going" he asked.

"I promised Michael I would celebrate Christmas Eve with him, my niece and nephew"I said looking at him through the mirror.

"That's nice, I think Ima see what my cousin Al is doing. Maybe I'll do something with him."

"What about your mother?"

"I'll see her tomorrow" he said.

"So you don't do anything with your family on Christmas Eve?"

"No... and aren't your family Jehovah witnesses?"

"Yes but I'm not and neither are my siblings now.
So we celebrate Christmas without our parents but that's tomorrow."

"Ok so it's just your moms and pops now?"

"Yup Mother and Joseph are proud Jehovah
witnesses. Anyway how do I look?"

"You look beautiful but your missing something"
he said before grabbing the anklet he bought me.

I sat up feeling special as he got down on one knee in front of me. I watched him as he placed my foot on his knee. He spoiled me putting on my anklet before kissing my ankle.