Page 30

"It's just for the show" he said mimicking my voice while he stared at the picture.

"I do not sound like that"

"Janet please try to explain this shit for me" he said before laying his head back onto the headboard.

"We were talking and I just played along with what he said. There were no feelings involved I just did it for the show"

"This makes me feel belittled" he said looking at the screen again.

"Stop looking at it!"

"What if my mom saw this she watches Jay Leno" he said putting his hands in his hair.

"It was only a peck baby be serious " I whined.

"I am being serious, I just proposed to you. Twice at that and now your kissing a old white man on tv for everyone to see"

"I'm sorry I really should've just stopped it before it got that far"

"Your Damn right you should've stopped it" he said still holding his head.

"Are you gonna let this go?"

"No I don't know if I can"

"It's like me kissing somebody in a movie, you know I act"

"No Janet this is different. All you had to do was sit there and answer stupid ass questions. Get out of my bed"

"Are you serious, come on"

"I'm serious J get your ass out" he said as he began to push me with his hands.

"Fine and where do you want me to go" I asked standing up.

"You can sleep on the couch tonight and think about your decisions" he said before closing his laptop.

"What the fuck are you joking right now" I asked laughing.

"Does it looking like I'm joking" he asked in a serious tone.

"Fine!"

"There's a blanket in my closet" he said before laying back.

I grabbed my pillow and blanket before rolling my eyes at him. He laid there closing his eyes falling asleep. That night I laid on his cold leather couch asking myself what was I doing. If Joseph or any of my brothers knew he had me sleeping on the couch he would be dead.

"How dare he make me sleep on this couch" I said to myself.

I eventually got up from the couch and called Tina on the house phone. It was three in the morning so I had my fingers crossed hoping she would answer.

"Hello" she answered sounding tired.

"Tina thank god you answered" I said feeling relieved.

"Hey yeah is this a dying emergency" she asked.

"Christopher is making me sleep on the couch" I replied.