Page 31

"Damn you see her everyday can you let her hangout with us for two minutes" Tina asked Christopher in a playful tone.

That night at Nikki and Kenny's reception Christopher couldn't take his hands off of me. I was dancing with Tina, Nikki and Gil on the dance floor under the purple lights to Donell Jones U Know What's Up. It felt good to be with my friends again.

But Christopher was eyeing me down the whole night from across the room. I could tell he was undressing me with his lustful eyes. In that very moment, he eventually came up behind me on the dance floor grabbing me by my waist before he whispered in my ear.

"No I love her too much" he said putting his head on my shoulder.

"Awww I can't wait to see you guys get married next" Nikki said smiling at me.

"Yeah because we all know damn well that's not no damn promise ring" Gil said before sipping his drink.

"Gil ain't that your fourth drink" Christopher asked from over my shoulder.

"So?"

"So mind ya damn business" he said in a playful
tone making me laugh.

"Janet don't laugh that shit was corny" Gil said taking his drink to the head.

"Ima go get another one, I'll be right back" Gil said before leaving the dance floor.

All four of us looked at each other with concerned looks on our faces. Tina frowned before going after him.

"Ima go with him" she said.

The song began to change to something slower once it was just me, Christopher and Nikki. Nikki left looking for Kenny while Christopher and I continued to dance. We moved our hips simultaneously to the music. His grip around my waist got firm and tight making me feel secure.

"You look so good from across the room I couldn't help myself" he said before softly licking my earlobe.

"Oouu baby stop your turning me on" I gasped closing my eyes.

"Do you want me to go back to the table?"

"I rather you take me home and fuck me instead" I said feeling his hands trail to my stomach.

"I'm tempted too... do you think they'll notice"

"No let's leave" I said feeling adventurous.

"Let's go" he whispered like they'd hear him.

At first we walked out of the party smooth not bringing anyone's attention to us. As soon as we were outside Christopher took my hand as we ran through the parking lot like kids. I smiled from ear to ear feeling the cool wind blow threw my hair.

He couldn't keep his hands off me, as soon as we got in the house he instantly attacked my lips gently with his before I could turn the lights on. Once we were upstairs we instantly made love. We were both skin to skin.

"Slower daddy that's my spot" I moaned before gasping to feeling of him penetrating me.

Christopher gently stroked my spot making my eyes roll sending my body on cloud nine. My body instantly had a deep inhale of pleasure as my arms instantly extended. I felt a warm intense feeling in my core as I came.

"Baby... don't move... right there" I moaned.

My hands gripped the sheets as he quickly stopped. I screamed feeling a warm explosion from my head to toe.

"Nobody do it like you" I moaned while laying my face onto the warm bed.

"I love the sound of that" he said before kissing my back.

His tender kisses sent chills down my spine making me shiver. In that moment I didn't feel guilty ditching the reception. Christopher had a way with my body that no one else had. And I'd do it again if I could.

"Come here" he said walking to the head of the bed before laying down.

I crawled from the edge of the bed to the side of his bare body. His skin was caramel, shinny and full with sweat.

"What do you think Nikki's gonna say when she notices we ditched them" he asked smiling at me.

"I don't know Christopher but I'd rather be here with you" I said laying my head on my pillow.

"Really" he asked sounding surprised.

"I love you"

"I love you more" he replied.

"I want a beach wedding, what do you think?"

"Beach... I can do that" he said.

After the next couple of months Christopher and I finally had our wedding date. It was May twenty fourth on a private beach. I was nervous as hell getting ready with Rebbie and Tina in my room.

"Janet, are you nervous" Rebbie asked me.

"I'm not ready" I chuckled while staring in the mirror.

I sat in front of the dresser mirror as my makeup artist made my face. Rebbie and Tina helped get my dress and accessories ready from behind me.

"You've done this all before" Tina said looking at me.

"Tina I was young then and this time it feels completely different"

"I get it Dunk but you'll be just fine. You look so beautiful I couldn't be more proud" Rebbie said making my heart melt.

"Awwwee" I said getting up to hug her.

Once my makeup was finished I watched both Tina and Rebbie zip up my dress from the mirror. I couldn't believe it was really happening. The moment felt like a dream.

"Mothers gonna cry when she watches you walk down the aisle"

"God when she cry's Ima cry. I can't look at y'all when I'm out there" I said making Rebbie laugh.

"And as your bridesmaid I'll be crying right next to you" Tina said.

"I wish Shawn could be here" I said looking at myself in the mirror.

"Me too" Tina replied looking away.

"Ima go outside since your ready" Rebbie said giving me a warm smile.

I stayed in the room with Tina five minutes after the wedding was supposed to start. She tried to get me out but I needed one more minute before I walked down that aisle.

"J what is it? Is it Christopher" Tina asked.

"No he's perfect I'm just scared"

"You know the longer you sit out here. The more your hurting him. I bet he's nervous too. He's probably wandering if you'll ever show up"

I continued to stare at myself in the mirror as she spoke to me. My body felt paralyzed in the seat as I began to block out Tina and listening to my own thoughts until I heard a knock at the door.