Page 25

"I love you" I said looking into his eyes.

"I love you more" he said back making me blush.

"I know Jimmy and Terry are going to be pissed" I said looking at the ceiling.

"Why what'd you do this time?"

"This time? You know how I left Minneapolis" I said laughing.

"Yeah what about it?"

"Well I kinda just upped and left without saying anything to Jimmy and Terry"

"Oh my god Janet" he replied before laughing.

"Yeah I'm supposed to be in the studio tomorrow morning"

"Wow, yeah your dead" he said before laughing even harder.

"No they have to understand I had a valid reason to come to LA. But I'm not going back to Minneapolis to work on this album. I want to finish it here so I can be closer to you"

"And no Jermaine?"

"I have to discus that with Jimmy and Terry because I was paying Jermaine for his work. Plus we have unfinished music that he started."

"Well you have my trust no matter what" he said.

"It feels good to hear that"

That night Christopher cooked the both of us dinner. I watched him in awe as I sat at the kitchen island leaning my head in my hand. He was so sexy in his grey sweats. My eyes followed his every move as he went through the cabinets looking for the right pots and pans.

"Princess I got a job for you" he said as he turned on the stove.

My eyes widened when I heard him say princess. It made me blush as I felt special in that moment.

"Princess" I repeated him in a playful tone.

"Yeah, Princess I think it suits you. Now bring your fine ass over here and help me season this fish."

Christopher made me feel like I was the only woman in the world. His attention was always on me. And he always knew how to make me feel wanted and needed. The next morning my dream was interrupted by my ring tone. The sound of the phone woke me up as I laid in Christopher's arm.

"Janet can you get your phone" he mumbled while he rolled over.

I yawned before reaching for the phone on his nightstand. My stomach immediately dropped once I saw the ten miss calls from Terry.  

"Hello" I answered innocently.

"Janet where the hell are you!? Jimmy and I waited a hour for you. And he went to the hotel you were staying at. Turns out you checked out yesterday! And now Jermaine won't answer his phone!"

I had woke up Christopher as he overheard me explaining to Terry what happened. He sat up in bed while putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh my god Janet what are we going to do? You had me and Jimmy worried."

"I'm sorry Terry I wasn't thinking straight. Look I'll pay for the studio time, that's the least I can do"