Chapter 5 - Sprinkler Flood

"I just figured it out." Ron said as him, Nancy and Amy walked in search for the others.

"I never woke up this morning. This is all just a bad dream." He says, the two girls looking at him.

"Ron, get up." Nancy rolled her eyes at the boy sitting down on the ground.

"You're just a nightmare!" He continued, "When I get up, Dad and I will be going fishing."

"I'm warning you." Nancy says angrily, Amy crossing her arms beside her, the two walking over to him.

Ron begins to cover his ears and hum loudly as if the two girls weren't there.

Nancy sighed, kneeling down and removing his hands from his ears.

"okay, Ron.. maybe you're right. Maybe this is just all a bad dream." She started, Ron looking at her cautiously.

"But if it is.." Amy walked over, "Would this hurt?" and Amy grabbed his ear.

Ron yells as Amy yanked on his ear, "Get up!"

"If you were my brother I'd put you up for adoption." Nancy said as they all began to walk again.

"Yeah? I hope your face ends up on a milk carton." he argued.
•~•~•~•~•

"Nick." Russ says, trying to wake him up. They were covered in pollen from the whole incident, but Nick hadn't woken up yet.

"Nick!" He called louder, his eyes beginning to twitch.

"Nick." He said again, seeing his eyes open slowly.

Nick jolted up, gasping. "Are you okay?" Russ asked, Nick spitting out pollen.

He looked up again, a dazed look on his face.

"When we crashed, my entire life flashed before my eyes." Nick explained.

He looked over to Russell, "Didn't take too long."

Nick put on his glasses, then they continued to stand up and they wiped big chunks off pollen off of themselves, "I'm scared, Russ. We could be anywhere now."

The two looked around, "I think we're still in your yard." Russ said to him obviously.

"How do you know?" He looked at him curiously.

"Any other yard, the grass would be shorter."

Russ began walking one way, Nick following, "Come on, we gotta find Ron and Nancy, and your sister."
•~•~•~•~•

"And then if they don't fry him, he'll go to jail. Your mother, too. After all, she's the one who paid for it. That makes her an accomplice. Do you know what it's like in jail?" Ron blabbed on and on making Amy argue back.

"I am going to tell you one more time to shut up!" She said, not looking back.

"And then what? you'll smack me? You'll go to jail, too!" There was no shutting him up.

"I'll tell them after a big bee ate my brother, you smacked me around." He continued, the three still walking.

"No jury in the world would fail to convict you. The whole Szalinski family is gonna be in jail for life!"

Amy had had it, turning on her heel, "Look. My dad's machine works. When we get home and he fixes us all, we're gonna be so rich." She said.

"And then you're gonna regret this whole thing, aren't you?" Nancy said, the two girls turning back to walk.

Ron stood in his place for a second before jogging to catch up, "Amy! You know I've always liked your family! I mean, your dad's a real nice guy! He's not as weird as I thought he was."