Arms wide open Chp3:

Morgan's P.O.V

     Again, she looked at me with concern, obviously wondering what's wrong. "Oh, please don't worry about me. I was just remembering something." I looked at her, and she didn't seem convinced. I can't tell her now, or anyone of that matter, it's just something I'm going to have to deal with.

     " Seriously, I'll be fine. Don't be worried because of me, please." I turned towards the scenery in front of us, trying to dismiss the conversation all together.

     But, Linei placed her hand on my arm, grabbing my attention. She still looked troubled, searching in my eyes for an answer. Before I could say anything, her lips began to move. Looking determined, she looked like she was testing muscles she hasn't exercised in years. But continued with the first word I've ever heard her say.

     " M-mmore," she spoke shyly. Her voice sounded sweet, and unused. Right after she said that, the cat woke up and looked at her, as if she were a stranger. " D-ddont b-be sad, i-im here f-for you." Her voice sounded more comfortable, and experienced as she talked.

     Before I could respond, she stared past me, eyes contorted and in pain. She fell forward, gripping her head. As this happened, the cat hopped off of her lap, simply watching her, but with glowing red eyes.

     "LINEI!" I jumped to her, to see what was wrong. But I froze when our eyes connected. Instead of a wash of warm green, they were replaced with red stained ones. Just like the cats.
Aside for the red, her eyes were consumed in terror and fear.

     In the distance, their was a blood curdling scream. It filled our ears, making it hard to distinct the exact direction it came from. Along with that cry, fear was rising in me and showed no sign of stopping. I reached for Linei, but pulled back brusquely. Tears threatening to spill.

     " Y-you have to get o-out of here!" She screamed at me. "P-please r-run!" I could tell she didn't want me to leave her, and I wasn't. I tried to go over to here again, I stopped mid way as one of the trees plummeted into the pool.

     I watched in horror as the once captivating lake, became an eerie place of fear. " W-what is that?!"

~And that's Chapter 3. Hoped you liked it! What's going on with Linei? What is this thing that froze Morgan in mid step? All these questions and more will be answered in Chapter 4!
Arigato!
YoruichiFairy