pray for another love

*Helia*

I was sure I had never run so fast in my life. I literally rushed through the hospital. Still in my sleeping pants. Max had lent me one of his sweaters, where he was right now, I didn't know. He had kept up with me until I reached the entrance, then I lost sight of him, and as much as I liked Max, I didn't care at that very second whether he was still running behind me or not.

I rushed down the hall and shot through the door. It was anything just after five in the morning, but it was insanely crowded in Seb's room. My heart pumped adrenaline through my veins when I finally came to a stop.

Sebastian had his eyes half open. A smile immediately slid across his lips when he saw me. His eyes flashed.

My entire body began to shake as tears welled up in my eyes. I could hear Max gasping behind me.

I was with Seb in a few steps and put my hands to his cheeks, only to kiss him immediately. My heart was just doing extra shifts to get the blood pumping through my body fast enough. I was sure I was about to collapse. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered.

Seb was conscious and that was all that mattered.

"Slow down." he gasped laughing "I can just about breathe on my own again.".

I immediately pulled back "Sorry.", I mumbled and was about to take a step backwards, but he immediately pulled me back by my hand.

"I didn't say anything about stopping. I just told you to slow down.", a self-satisfied smirk crossed his lips as he pulled me back towards him.

"You scared the shit out of me," I muttered.

He smirked "I saved you."

"That was really stupid."

"You should know. I like to remind you of Bahrain."

"I got out of my car myself though."

He shrugged "Sometimes you have to risk a little for someone you love.".

My heart was racing now as his fingers intertwined with mine. He was about to say something when the door to his room flew open again.

Kevin came sliding in, completely out of breath "Am I too late?" he gasped, having to brace himself on his knees to take a breath.

"You missed the kiss!" laughed Max, poking him in the side.

Kevin almost collapsed "Man, I was in such a hurry.".

He wore his shirt inside out, which looked pretty funny. His hair, however, looked perfect as always. How he did it was still, even after years of friendship, a great mystery to me. This man just never had a bad hair day.

But he could always be counted on. I had just written him in a quick message that Seb had regained consciousness and we were going to the hospital, and he had come as fast as he could.

And the way he was panting, he had could have run all the damn way from the hotel to here. I knew if he had to, he would. Even if he hated cardio. Kevin was always there. Always and forever.

But I would do the same for him. In a heartbeat.

"But good to see you're...should I say better?" he shook his head "Good to see you're conscious." he dropped into a chair "Sorry, but I think I'm going to need oxygen.".

He dropped his head back "It's really too early for jogging." he grumbled.

God I loved the Dane.

Seb's fingers playing with mine made me turn my attention back to him. He looked up at me and then began to smile. He lifted his hand a little heavily and stroked my cheek.

"I heard you." his fingers were very gentle "So when you sang. It just took me a little while to come around.", he smiled "But I heard you.".

"I'm telling you your singing is so gruesome you can wake the dead with it. I always told you, Heli.", Kevin spoke up, making everyone laugh.

"You're an ass. Why are we friends again?"

"Yeah, I wonder that myself sometimes, stupid goat."

"Idiot.".

Sebastian looked at me a little confused and then shook his head with a smirk.

"But at least we've got one point checked off now. I introduced you to my family.", he looked to the other people who were in the room with us "Family, this is Helia. Heli, this is my family.", I waved a little overwhelmed by the situation.

I wasn't expecting to meet them in my pajama pants and someone else's sweater.

"Now we just have to break it to Mark," he said, laughing almost nervously.

"Already done it. And Kev gave him a quick piece of his mind," Max laughed, now sitting down on the arm of Kevin's chair "Didn't you?"

"I read the boys the riot act," he grumbled without lifting his head.

"He threatened to hit me with a newspaper," Max laughed.

"And with what? With right!" grumbled Kevin.

Why was this guy just a fucking mood?

"I'm still going to talk to Mark again.", Seb intervened again now "But not today. And maybe not tomorrow either. I need to get some rest. I'm definitely not getting any younger.", he leaned back a bit.

"Come on Max, we should get back to the hotel.", Kevin pushed himself up out of the chair and I wanted to follow them, but Seb held me tight.

"You're not going anywhere.".

He pulled me closer to him when we were alone. By now the sun was already up outside. I would probably have to head to the track right away to get a free practice and a qualifying session over with. After all, we were still in Baku and I was still a racing driver.

But now I just lay next to Seb and took a deep breath. He gently stroked my arm as I snuggled closer to him. I was afraid of hurting him and was as careful as I could be. I closed my eyes and absorbed his smell while the first rays of sunlight fell through the window onto his bed.

For a moment I was just happy.

"I love you, Heli." he whispered, pressing a warm kiss to my temple.

I turned my face to him and kissed him softly before whispering an, "I love you too."

Shit, I really did love him.

So much so that it surprised even me. I hadn't thought it would happen, but this, this was love. Him and me.

I let my hand gently run over his torso and felt his heart beat.

It was beating so hard I was almost worried.

"Are you okay?", I whispered.

"As long as you're with me, I can't be unwell, can I?" he murmured against my lips "God you're driving me crazy, Heli. I swear, if everything wasn't hurting me right now..."

"Forget it. You get your strength back before I do anything!".

He laughed and pulled my face to him "I'm fine with this.".

It was a gentle kiss.

Way too intense, but so full of love. It almost drove me crazy.

How could you fall head over heels in love with someone like that? How did that work?

And why did that scare me even more?