2. two

"too weird to live, too rare to die." - lost, frank ocean 

Liv woke up feeling warm, a headache burning behind her closed eyes and faint aching coming from between her legs, and her neck. She could feel an arm strung over her waist, puffs of air hitting the back of her shoulder where her one night stand clearly was.

Liv forced her eyes open, blinking a few times as she registered the rising sun through the open curtains revealing the floor to ceiling windows of the stranger's apartment. Her phone lay on the bedside table and she picked it up, pressing the button to see it was six thirty seven am. Liv bit the inside of her cheek to hold back a groan.

Her body had a natural alarm clock that refused to let her sleep in past seven in the morning. She supposed it was because she was always pulling 8am-8pm shifts at work, sometimes 8am to 8am if she had a lot of surgeries. Her body was just used to surviving on as little sleep as it decided it needed.

She knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep now she was awake, and she also knew she had a sister and several friends to track down to make sure they all got home safe.

Liv slowly turned her head, taking in the sight of a woman with black hair and a fringe lying behind her. Her eyes were closed, most of her face pressed into the pillow, and she appeared to be naked judging by the exposed skin of her back poking out of the top of the blankets.

Liv slipped out of the bed, putting a pillow under the woman's arm so she didn't wake up. Liv quickly gathered her clothes and pulled them back on, wincing at the ache in her thighs as she walked around.

The woman had, clearly, done a number on her. Liv could still feel the echoes of her hands against her skin, the ghost of her lips against her neck and down her chest to-

She was getting distracted. Her cheeks burned red as she picked her heels up and put her phone in her jeans' pocket, looking over at the sleeping woman for a few seconds. She didn't usually double dip, but she would consider it for this woman.

The few hazy memories she had of last night were enough to convince her.

Liv left the bedroom, spotting a whiteboard on the fridge with a pen beside it. She headed over, quickly scribbling down a quick "had to go, had a nice night, here's my number if you want it, liv x" with her number underneath, and then tiptoed out of the apartment, closing the door quietly behind her.

She shoved her heels on and hurried towards the elevator, fumbling in her bag for some chewing gum until she could get home and get a proper shower and reunite with her toothbrush. She grabbed her phone and checked Delilah's location, frowning when she saw her phone had been turned off on the main street at around three this morning.

Delilah never turned her phone off.

Liv stepped out of the apartment building, sending a quick message to JJ asking if she was at home with Delilah and to call her ASAP if she wasn't, then sent messages to everyone else she'd been out with last night to make sure they got home safe. She left Derek a second text, asking if Delilah did end up going home with someone else last night, then put her phone away as she headed down the street to find a cab and go home.

She'd panic about Delilah's phone being off if she wasn't at home. For all Liv knew, Delilah was tucked up in bed with JJ and her phone had just died because Delilah had been drunk and forgot to put it on charge before she fell asleep. She wouldn't worry until she had concrete proof something was wrong.