Chapter Fifteen: A Trip Down Memory Lane

In which we see Springs' POV

The beginning...
1973
00:00:00
Spring Bonnie opened his eyes. He tested his senses. Eyes, good. He could see the small room his was sitting in, on a metal workshop table. It was currently devoid of life, except for him.
LOGIC ERROR
REBOOTING MODULE...
REBOOTED
STATUS?
Yes, his eyes were fine. He turned on his night vision, and the result was the same. No life detected. You're wrong!

Ears, functional. He swiveled them around, and bent them back and forth. He could faintly hear the sound of a music box, playing a familiar tune. But he had never heard anything before.
ERROR
RESTART?
NO!
...
RESTART ABORTED
STATUS?

He resumed testing his senses. He, very obviously, skipped over taste and smell. What are those?

Touch? He could feel the cold metal of the table under him, but everything in his code screamed he should not be able to feel anything. You're just a robot, right?

Right?

LOGIC ERROR
MOTHERBOARD FAILURE
REBOOTING...
REBOOTING...
ReBoOtInG...
SYSTEM FAILURE

IT'S ME

Now that those annoying messages flashing across his vision were gone, he could asses his surroundings. He scanned with his heat sensors, and found two sources of life, other than himself. He braced for the error code, and the system reboot, but it never came.

I'M ALIVE!

The two life sources outside the room seemed to be two male figures, one seemed to be a healthy shape and weight, while the other was producing very little heat and seemed to be skin and bones.

He began to turn up his hearing sensitivity. He could hear the two males arguing. Is that what he was?

He very quietly climbed off the table and sauntered to the door. He could hear the voices more clearly now.

"-you know how much she means to me! We need to delay the opening!" A boisterous male voice, with a hint of anger, spoke.

"I understand, Henry, but Charlotte's disappearance should not hinder the Grand Opening! You know how long we've been waiting for this!" A sickly smoker's voice replied.

"Bullshit, William. My family comes first. I need to join the police in the manhunt!" Henry replied, and there were footsteps and a door could be heard slamming.

Spring Bonnie heard William grumble to himself as he turned towards the room he was in. Spring Bonnie rushed to climb back up onto the table as William approached. He didn't know why, but he felt he should not be seen moving. They will tear you apart!

The door handle twisted and the door creaked open loudly. Spring Bonnie rapidly turned down his hearing sensitivity. A man approached the slumped robot on the table. He was dressed in a purple dress shirt that was very baggy despite being his size and slacks. He had dark trimmed hair that looked too shiny, like a wig. William reached behind Spring Bonnie's head and pressed the 'on' button, but it did nothing because he was already on.