Quick Intermission To All Of Us With Low Self Esteem

I know you all comment on how pretty I am, but I've come to tell you a little about bullying and low self-esteem.

I have been bullied most of my life and I am an abuse victim (of pretty much every kind of abuse)(Let me make this clear, not being abused anymore). But I don't want you to feel bad for me, because I've got something great to tell you.

I am a survivor.

All these things that have happened to me have made me stronger. And I can tell you this.

You may be having problems in your life that will make you want to quit. But don't. If you quit, all the people holding you back will win.

Be a survivor.

Some days you may feel like they are beating you, but always remember tomorrow can be better. But you have to make it better.

Bitch. Slut. Whore. Fatty. Ugly.

I've been called all of that.

It used to affect me, but now I laugh. I pretend they are telling a joke. Even if it hurts inside, I won't let bullies have control over me.

So I bring you the last part of this short speech.

You.

Are.

Beautiful.

It does not matter if you have acne, or birthmarks, or scars, or any of that.

You may not see yourself as beautiful, but I do.

But what if you only feel beautiful with makeup on, or your hair done?

It does not change a thing.

It's your own style of beautiful. Embrace it.

You are all beautiful in your own sense. If you ever feel proud of trying a new makeup style, or a new nail pattern, don't you just feel like you're the least bit cute?

I have come so far from my rough childhood, and it has shaped me into a kind person.

Now, we all have Self-Esteem issues. I do, and I'm not afraid to admit it. But I remember when I first learned to blend eyeshadow or draw a cat-eye.

I felt like I looked good. I was proud of myself for trying a new thing, and it fits me.

Nowadays, I always blend my eyeshadow for a sunset-y look, because that's me. That's my 'beautiful'.

I started from the bottom, I got my first makeup product when I was 13. I taught myself to do this, and that's what raised my self-esteem.

I may not feel like I'm beautiful yet, but I know I'm getting there. And I'm not afraid to admit I feel pretty every morning when I curl my hair or put on my makeup. That is me, and you all can find your you.

You can do it too.

Find Your Beautiful.

This is mine.

Thanks for listening