Chapter 14 Godric

Gabe and I followed after Griffin as he sulked from the room. I had to admit, I felt a bit like a wounded child after the good scolding we got from our mother, but it was definitely something that we needed. As usual, Mom was right and her touch was exactly what we needed to help this process along.

We made our way to the elevator and back up to our floor. I opened the door to our wing and was surprised to see Waylon and Harlow sitting in the living room, talking. Waylon jumped up from the chair when he saw us and bowed his head in greeting. Harlow's reaction, on the other hand, was quite different as she glared at us from the sofa.

"Alphas." Waylon said.

"Everything okay in here?" Griff asked, eyeing them both curiously.

I was practically shaking with anger beside him but tried desperately to contain it. Mom told me to remain calm so that's what I was trying to do. It wasn't Harlow's fault that I was jealous beyond belief at seeing her sitting and talking openly with another man when she won't even look in my direction without rage in her eyes.

"Yes, the Luna just had some questions about the pack structure and our titles so I was trying my best to answer them." Waylon said,

"I didn't mean any disrespect. I just wanted her to feel more comfortable." He mindlinked us, probably sensing my fury.

"Thank you for answering her questions, Waylon. I'm glad to see the two of you getting along." Griff smiled reassuringly and clapped him on the back.

I knew that, at the end of the day, we wanted our Gamma and Luna to have a solid relationship but, it was far more important that our Luna had a passionate relationship with us. The idea that our mate was connecting with another male before us was definitely threatening.

"Give us a minute." Gabe said, also offering Waylon an appreciative grin.

I guess I was the only one who was really bothered about what we walked in on and that was fine by me. I'll take over being the jealous mate without a problem.

"Harlow, we want to apologize for our behavior and everything that's happened so far." Griff began. Gabe and I nodded in agreement.

"We want to start over." I said, walking across the living room to sit in the chair that was closest to our mate.

She watched me walk with a scrutinizing expression and settled her eyes on me as I sat. I was drinking in the attention of Harlow greedily and I never wanted her to look away.

"Our mother told us what you two discussed." Gabe continued, sitting in the chair across from the sofa. Griffin was, once again, perched on the armrest at the other end of the couch.

"Yes." Was all Harlow said.

"And we think that you two created a deal we can live with, but we wanted to discuss it further with you." Gabe said, ever the diplomat.

"Why don't you tell us what you want?" I pulled her attention back towards me, eager to give her whatever she wanted.

"I want to leave." She mumbled.

Okay maybe not whatever she wants.

"But, I'll settle for giving you a week before I demand to leave again." She added with a frustrated sigh, "I want out of this room, though."

"We appreciate you being willing to negotiate and we know we can convince you not to leave within seven days." Griffin winked with a mischievous smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and groaned.

"Anyway, we also think it's perfectly reasonable that you should want to leave this floor and explore the packgrounds. In fact, we want you to explore and see our home. We only ask one thing, that Waylon stays with you no matter where you go. This is something we would ask regardless of everything that's happened, for your safety." I tried to sound reasonable and not demanding.