Chapter 37 Godric

Harlow whimpered and I could see the conflict in her eyes.

"I...." She began but I put my finger against her soft lips,

"Shhh, precious, wait until you can tell me without guessing. It's okay, I'll wait forever."

I pulled away and chuckled at her expression. She was in quite a state. Her lips were red and swollen, her cheeks were fire engine red, and her eyes were bright and wild.

"Should we go up and check on the others?" I suggested and she nodded, still speechless. I laughed at her again and took her hand, leading her from my office.

"Oh, there's a new security system on the elevator. You'll need a code to make it go and there's a separate code for each floor. Our floor's code is 91020." I said, pressing the appropriate numbers on the new keypad that was inside the elevator.

Her eyes went wide and she had a curious expression on her face.

"Who picked those numbers?" She asked, and I could tell that she was wondering if it was all just a coincidence.

"We did, precious. It's the most important day of our lives, the day you were born." I said and her face broke out into an earth shattering grin.

This woman was going to be the death of me. Her lips were too intoxicating and seductive for me to handle and I was barely holding onto my control. I was frustrated when I found out that both Gabe and Griff had gotten to taste her lips already, and I hadn't. I knew I couldn't end the day without having a taste for myself, Quill was becoming increasingly more unstable the longer we spent away from her.

I knew I was testing my limits by forcibly kissing her in my office, taking her by surprise instead of asking for permission like my brothers, undoubtedly, did. To my delight, she was 100% on board and leaned into me without any doubts. I was so in love with this woman that it was ridiculous.

We stepped out of the elevator just in time to see Gabe and Griff leaving the guest bedroom wing of our floor.

"They're all down." Gabe said,

"Our pups." Quill purred in my head.

I froze, nearly tripping over myself.

"What?"

"Our pups are in there sleeping." He purred.

"No, Quill, they're not...." I started to argue.

"Our pups!" He growled, cutting me off.

"What's wrong, Godric?" Harlow was tugging at my hand, demanding my attention. When I looked into her eyes I immediately began to settle.

"I..."

"Is Quill saying it, too?" Gabe asked, his eyes darting from green to black.

"Frost, too." Griffin forced out, seeming very tense.

"What's going on?" Harlow looked irritated with all three of us.

"Our wolves are claiming that the three kids are our pups." Griff took a deep breath and explained.

"Pups?"

"Kids." I clarified, running my fingers through her hair. She jumped and backed away from me.

"Excuse me?" She looked a bit freaked out.

"Harlow...."

"Uh-uh. Nope. I just wanted to give them a place to stay until they can find a new home. I am no one's mother." She shook her head, backing away from us quickly.