Chapter 24 Gabriel

"What did you and Harlow do?" Ric asked Griff, looking like the curiosity was killing him.

"I took her to the clearing in the west woods and she wanted to see Frost. They laid together the entire time." Griff replied smugly with a shit-eating grin as he jumped up from the ground.

"She laid with your wolf?" Ric said with an astonished expression. I was grumbling curse words to myself. I had a lot of catching up to do.

"Yep." Griff popped the p smugly.

"You. Training grounds." I said, jabbing my finger in Griff's chest. He glared at me,

"We're both Alphas. You can't tell me what to do."

"Oh can't I?" I cocked an eyebrow at him and we stared at each other, locked in a silent competition.

"Ugh, fine! Baby." Griff growled, throwing his hands in the air and walking off in the same direction as Ambrose.

"You're in a mood." Ric said, looking at me with a bemused expression.

"You wanna be next?"

"Oh, simmer down. We both know you can't take me." Ric scoffed and I said nothing because he was right.

"I'm jealous of how she looks at the two of you." I confessed as we continued across the packgrounds.

"You'll get time with her tomorrow and it'll help the two of you connect, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about." Ric shrugged.

"Really?" I said with timid optimism.

"It's crazy, man. It's like there's three different sides of her and they match us perfectly. She has your stubbornness and approach to things. When she is ready to take on the Luna role, I think she'll really want to take on a lot of responsibility. She's definitely not the type of girl to sit around and do nothing." Ric said, grinning as he thought of our mate.

"What else is she like?" I was so desperate to hear more about my mate that I didn't even care if I sounded like a gossiping school girl.

"She's definitely feeling the connection more than she wants to admit, but I think she's keeping to her promise and being open minded. I also think she's appreciating the one on one time. She's opening up more and not on the defensive as much. Everything else you'll have to find out on your own." Ric smirked at me.

"I can't believe she was so comfortable around Griff's wolf." I said and Ric nodded,

"Yeah, I'm jealous of that." He admits and I nodded in agreement.

"Me too."

Before I could say anything else, a loud clanging bell sounded throughout the packgrounds and frantic mindlinks were hitting me from all over, all saying the same thing:

"Breach!"

I took one look at Ric and then we were running towards the front gate.

"What's going on?" I shouted through the link to anyone who would listen.

"Rogues are breaching from all sides!" Micheal, one of the guards who was on patrol on the west side of the pack replied.

"The front gate is compromised." One of the front guards, Lenny, shouted.

"I have at least a dozen on the east side." The east guard, Mark, added.

I growled threateningly.

"Thank the Goddess Harlow isn't here." Ric said but I was too pissed off to respond. I sent out a pack wide link,

"Breach! Women, children, elderly to the bunker. Closest guards surround the bunker. Move!" I commanded and I heard the pack chorus in response.