Grown - PG8

You always thought Pedro will be a successful footballer, having millions of girls at his feet, but you didn't think he would be single. Not at all. How was he single? You kept asking yourself that question during dinner with yours and his parents. You were sat opposite, Pedro's brother, Fer, wanting to talk with you about your American Experience working at Disneyland California.

Since Pedri didn't get along with English very well, he didn't understand the jokes you two shared and it made him a bit jealous. When you were teenagers, he was the one who made you laugh, the one who comforted you after you got a bad grade, but he left all that behind when he moved to Barcelona. And he missed you more than he'd allowed himself to. He missed your smile, your eyes, everything.

"Woah, Y/N, you look pretty... and grown"
"Thanks I guess. You look very handsome too, Pedro"

He mentally face palmed himself for not being able to form a coherent sentence when you were around, which his brother teased him about. 'You're so in love with her', 'You're whipped' he would say. In reality, he was. It hurt him that he had to leave his hometown and you to follow his dream, and it hurt him even more that he didn't know anything about you in all these years.

You excused yourself to go to the bathroom, but didn't expect Pedri to be waiting for you just outside. "You okay?" You asked and he nodded. "I think we need to talk" he said. "Let's go in my room".

"I'm sorry" he said as soon as you closed the door. "Why?" "For leaving you behind. For not asking about you in all these years. I missed you" he said blushing. "Pedri Pedri" you tutted, playfully. "First of all, you had to leave the town to pursue your dream and I totally understand it. I wouldn't want to keep you attached to me when you could be a great football player which you are. And second, I kept in touch with Fer, but we agreed that it's better not to tell you" you explained. "I'm sorry, maybe it wasn't the best decision, but at that time, it seemed the best" you added. "Why?" He asked. "I didn't want to be a distraction" you said, looking at the floor. "Oh Y/N, eres muy tonta (you're so silly)" he laughed, hugging you. "You know... it's never late to go back to what we had" you said, playing with the strings of his hoodie. "Friends?" He asked. "Or more..." you said, blushing furiously. "eres tan linda (you're so cute)" he said, kissing your cheek.

"Are you decent lovebirds?" Fer asked from behind the door. "Did he listen to everything?" You asked embarrassed. "Yes I did. And it took you 10 years to get together you idiots" he replied. "Better later than never" Pedri said. "Since when did you get so smart?" You asked laughing. "A lot has changed, hermosa" he grinned.

Hope you like it 💕