Injury - PG6

Part 1

You were balling your eyes out when Aurora called you. "Tell me it's not true" you said. "I'm sorry, Y/N" she replied with sadness in her voice. You sobbed even harder, his painful screams etched in your brain. "He'll be home tomorrow and they're going to investigate it. It looks pretty serious" Aurora continued. "Fuck them! They should have rested him! It's not like he's Iron Man, he's just a normal football player like any other" you were furious right now. He played every fucking game for Barça and for the NT where he could've stay on the bench. "I know you're mad. Everyone is. But we have to be by his side more than ever". "I know, Rora. I have to be strong for him".

your_username

tagged: pablogaviyour_username you showed everyone how strong you are, you showed what a fighter you are and now, more than ever

tagged: pablogavi
your_username you showed everyone how strong you are, you showed what a fighter you are and now, more than ever. I'll always be by your side, mi amado, because you were always there for me and for everyone else. I know you're a fighter, I know your tears mean nothing close to weakness, I know you're in pain and frustrated, but you have your family, your friends and you have me. Te amo muchisimo, mi vida! Sé que eres más fuerte que nunca ❤️❤️❤️❤️

fcbarcelona ❤️💙
pedri Fuerza! We're with you 💪🏽
ferminlopez Contigo, hermano!
ferrantorres You'll come back stronger!
gavifan always supporting him no matter what ❤️
pablopaezgavira Thank you so much, Y/N ❤️ We're keeping in touch
↪️ your_username Gracias señor Gavira 🥰
gavixpedrifan since when does he have a gf? 🤨
↪️ gavixoxox not the time and place for that question

"Maybe you want to see this" his dad passed the phone to him. "I don't want to see anything" Gavi said sniffling. "It's Y/N". Gavi face palmed himself. You must be crying and hurting because of him. He didn't have the balls to call you, because his mood was bad enough as it was. "Come on" his father insisted. Gavi sighed, looking at the Instagram post you made. His heart warmed at the message, but then realisation hit him. You never went public and with that post, everyone now knows that Pablo Gavi has a girlfriend. "Earth to Pablo" his father said. "She...she is amazing" Gavi said. "You're lucky to have her. Maybe call her and tell her everything is okay?" His father suggested. "No, no, she can't see me like this" Gavi said, but it was too late. "Fuck she's calling me. On FaceTime" he panicked. "You pick it up" he said, giving his phone to his father.

( you, his father)

Hola Y/N

Hola. Is Gavi there? I really want to talk to him.

He told me to tell you that he's sleeping.

(Chuckle) Okay then can you pass him a message?

Of course.

So, I wanted to say that I know he's ashamed of it right now and that's why he doesn't want to talk to me. (Gavi cursing, you knew him so well) But i wanted him to know that loving someone means seeing that at their lowest too. And for him is kind of the first time when he's at his lowest and I'm here for him no matter what.

As you finished, his little pouty face came in view I stead of his father's. "There you are, mi Vida" you smiled. "Y/N... I'm a fucking mess. I'm angry, I'm sad, I miss you, I'm frustrated..." he sobbed. "I know, baby. I'm waiting for you home yeah? And I'll be by your side always" you said, blowing him a kiss. "Plane's tomorrow at 8. I'm going directly to MRI. I'm fucking scared of the result" he said. "What are you doing?" He asked, hearing a lot of shifting from your side. "Getting ready for tonight. I won't let you go there alone" you said. "You don't have to. I caused you enough pain". "Gavi. Shut up. I'm coming even if you like it or not" you laughed. "Okay... see you then?" He asked with puppy eyes. "Of course, mi amor. Love you". "Love you so much, mi tresoro" he forced half a smile before you hung up. "Don't you ever let that girl go" his father said.

"Fucking hell I missed you" Gavi said, hugging you tightly, his crutches falling to his sides. "I missed you too, my love. Everything will be okay" you said, your voice muffled by his chest. "Aww my poor baby" you said, slightly pulling away when you noticed a tear rolling down his cheek. "It's the worst" he whispered. "Come on, Gavi. The doctor will be here in 5" his father said. "Even if it is, I'm here. Not going anywhere" you said, pecking his lips.

"Out for 8 months! That's impossible! The season is over for me" he sighed frustrated. The result was indeed bad. He needed surgery and a long recovery. You were quiet, you really didn't know what to say to make him feel better. His season was fucked up badly. "Out for the rest of the season! I can't do that" he kept protesting as his father helped carry his bags in your bedroom. "I think we should sleep in this room since it's easy not to go up and down the stairs" you said softly. "Y/N's right. I can help you move some things" his father said before Gavi could protest. "Thank you, señor Gavira".

While you moved some of his clothes and toiletries, he sat on the couch like a sack of potatoes. Pedri called you earlier of it was okay to visit, but you really didn't know what to tell him. You knew Pablo better than anyone else and he needed space. Much needed space. That's why you wanted to sleep upstairs tonight, but he seemed to have other plans. "I thought you wanted space like after a loss" you said. "I don't. I need to be close to you" he said, hugging you from behind as you warmed up some leftovers. "Are you sure? I can give you space, you know that" you said softly.

"I just want some space okay? I don't need you or anyone pampering me with 'it's okay, you'll win next time' or 'it wasn't your fault that you lost'. I'm fucking tired of that, so leave me the fuck alone" he yelled, shutting the door to his room.

He cringed at the memory flashing through his mind. How could he be so hard on you? You were just trying to make him feel better and you were the only one who didn't criticise him. "I know" he mumbled into your hair. "You should sit down, rest your legs" you said. "I like it when you take care of me" he smirked, sitting on the couch. "Get used to it for the next months" you joked, but his pouty face was back. Amazing move, Y/N. "Sorry I...". "No, it's okay. Everything will pass easier if you're here with me" he shrugged. "Of course I'm here. Always" you said, pecking his lips. "Siempre" he whispered.

Hope you like it 🥺

I'll probably write more parts (if you would want that), see how things are going. Hopefully this story will help with the 😢 mood

I'm so sad about the news 😭 I have no idea why his injury had such an impact on me, I guess I just hate when people have knee problems since I also had them and it sucks. So, I can't imagine what he's going through rn.
And I'm angry af! Why are coaches fucking stupid and don't rest the players??? Like bro, it's too much— the games from the club and the internationals, especially if they play the whole 90 minutes. It's not like they can't have problems, but you know, in this world, the word prevention doesn't exist (talking about things in general, any disease or anything else). Like why wouldn't you want to prevent an injury? Prevent the pain it causes to the player, physically and mentally, to his loved ones? Prevent short and long term consequences on the player's life and career? Because everyone has no brain cells left.

Hopefully he'll come back stronger than ever and shove these idiots up his ass ❤️