six

Chapter Six: In The Making

Tick.

Tick.

Tick..

'I'm gunna smash that fucking clock.'

You sat inside in an office. White walls were decorated with frames of medals and other papers, and a modern clock ticked constantly after every second was driving you nuts. You were dragged into the office by a couple of teachers after picking a fight with Tartaglia. Luckily, you calmed down before they could tie you down with duck tape.

Speaking of that ginger, who thought it was a good idea but to have him right next to you? An ice pack was pressed down on his check as a couple of bandages were placed on his face. You left quite a few scars and some sights of blood was still visible near his cheeks and his lips. But despite the fight, Tartaglia wasn't mad. He couldn't be. Oh, but you were.

The room was filled with silent breathing. Silence passed, a teacher peeked from the door and stated that your guardian was on their way, and then silence once more once that door shut closed. Tartaglia had been giving you side glances to which you ignored, but it stared to annoy you when his lips would twitch now and then.

"If you have something to say better say it now." You stated, folding your arms. "If you keep quiet I might punch your face again. It's bothersome."

Tartaglia sighed. There was indeed something he wanted to say and it was clouding up his mind. The only problem was that she had a hard time finding the right words not to tick you off.

"I won't be mad." You said, then adding, "I'm already over it."

Tartaglia's eyes seemed to widen slightly before softening his gaze on you, "It bothers you, doesn't it?"

You kept quiet. Tartaglia was very aware of your close relationship with La Signora. Even if he didn't care about her death, he understood that when close family die, you are greatly affected. He would do anything to help his family, especially siblings, live another day.

"No one knows who did it. It was an empty casket." Tartaglia explained, "Even Scaramouche is missing."

"That fucking princess bitch literally left?" You raised a brow. "Ha ha ha.. Hahaha.." You sneered towards Tartaglia, "You guys are fucked. He's gunna find a way to get you all on your knees and beg for fucking mercy."

Tartaglia gulped. The Balladeer, other known as Scaramouche, was known for his high-demanding, attention seeking attitude that resembled a spoiled princess. When you say everyone hates him, EVERYONE hates him. Even if things quiet down with him (and especially you) gone, everyone's destine to face his wrath once more before death. After all, it's Scaramouche. He had left the Fatui, and with no one knowing his whereabouts, who knows what he's got up his sleeve?

Tartaglia couldn't bare to think about it. Even if Scaramouche was in the same hierarchy as them, Scaramouche placed in a higher number than Tartaglia. You could easily defend against Scaramouche, but since you've been gone, you can't say how much he's improved.

"Jester has some worries about it." Tartaglia said, laying back on his seat as he slouched. "He wanted me to tell you to find him."

You scoffed. "Are you fucking stupid? Didn't you just say that I was kicked out?"

"Hey, I'm just saying, but he's after you too."

You sighed through your nose. "I'm not doing shit."

"Orders are orders." Tartaglia stated.

"Yeah well," you shrugged, "Imma free bird now. I'm gunna be lazy and grow white hair until I get screwed over and fucked up by a short boy with the mentality of a fucking 13 year old girl facing her puberty era."