eight

Chapter Eight: "His"

Red curtains decorated the tall walls, gold lining the edges. Across the ballroom, thousands of figures wearing gowns and suits of dark colors. Masks of silver covered their faces, a scene full of faceless figureheads.

Chattering filled your ears and your brows furrowed. A hand placed on your bare shoulder, you wore matching clothing as to the other figures in the room. Nothing was more uncomfortable than wearing a gown. Usually, you have no problem wearing such a silky dress, but since it was a certain ginger who picked it out for you, you had to deal with it. Plus, you were forced to wear one.

"Y/n, fix your face." A deep voice said from beside you, their hand patting your shoulder. A rather tall man with a chiseled jaw stared down at you. Half of his face was covered by a dark blue and black mask. He had glowing light blue eyes which were rather eye-catching and had white, silver long hair that reflected the dim light of the ballroom. He, too, wore an expensive outfit. A suit that contained the badges of countless rewards. Fur from the jacket would occasionally touch his neck, the outfit matched such a man.

"Pierro." You frowned. "Why can't I leave?" You felt your shoulders lower down into a slouch, and Pierro fixed your posture.

"It is important to attend these events. Besides, you look fine in that dress, so stop frowning." After fixing your posture, your lashes lowered and your lips formed into a thin line. Pierro let out a low chuckle. You chatted with him for a small minute before he left your side the moment a chime was heard.

A rather young-looking lady entered the ballroom with an exquisite gown which caught the eye of many. You glanced over her way and caught eye contact with her. You bowed and the lady nodded. After that wordless greeting, you sighed and aimlessly walked around. Feeling your feet hurt after a few minutes, you decided to take a seat at an empty table.

Suddenly, you felt arms wrap around your neck. Your hand reached out to hold the other person's gloved hands. Your head moved upwards, and you greeted a young man with dark blue hair and his matching blue eyes. A smug smile casted on his lips.

"Care for a drink?"

A cold refreshing liquid of water entered your system, interrupting the heat that once made your body sweat during the heat outdoors. The AC in the meeting room blasted cold air, yet everyone was fanning themselves with the papers passed out by Jean.

You sat at the end of the table of the meeting room, the five other boys that you babysat regularly clung onto their cold water bottles as sweat dripped down their faces. They had just finished a dance lesson and Jean had called them in for a meeting.

The moment everyone got into the room, Jean begun the meeting and you quickly drifted off into the world of boredom. Venti, who sat next to you, drifted off into a daydream within a few seconds. Meanwhile, your mind was stuck somewhere else until Jean stated something that suddenly got your attention.

"A tea party?" You asked out loud.

Your brows peeled up, your face grew in sudden interest to the conversation held at the meeting table.

A few days passed and the incident regarding Venti's stalker was long forgotten. The internet had a huge rage about it and even doxed the not so innocent stalker, and all her information was leaked online. Within only a few days, her name soon faded away and everyone continued on with their lives.

You spent those days doing usual things you do. Like any normal day, you'd attend school and then head off to work with the young idols and babysit them until their day was completely wrapped up. However, today, Jean made an announcement regarding an upcoming banquet hosted by TIA where all solo singers and idol groups would come together under one roof and see who's gotten on the trending billboard of the year. This was your first time attending one, and it just so happened that this year's theme would be a tea party— specifically, a royal tea party, like the ones you'd see in movies involving princesses, princes, kings, queens, etc. Of course, other high-end celebrities would also be invited like fashion designers, wealthy business owners, and much more.