episode 3.4

You finally managed to peel open your eyes, though they still felt like lead weights. It took you a second to adjust to the sudden light, but when you did the first you registered was a pair of long black legs walking in front of you.

Your heart leapt into your throat as absolute terror coursed through your body.

"I — I don't think it will bruise," someone said. It was the same voice that had hit you, you realized.

You blinked and sat up. One of the Endermen suits had been placed back onto the armor stand. Seeing as you were still wearing yours, it must have been Soren's. Embarrassment made your cheeks flush as you realized it must have just been Soren walking past you in his costume that had made you shit bricks.

"Your face, I mean," the same person continued. "These suits were made with durability in mind."

You faced the person speaking to you. He too was sitting on the floor. He wore some time of armor and his hair was wild and ginger. Soren.

"What the fuck, man?" you said, anger in your voice as you stood up.

"Excuse me?" Soren asked, incredulous.

"You knocked me out!"

"You were making the Endermen upset! And you were trespassing!"

"So?" You looked around, realizing that you were alone with Soren. Olivia, Jesse, and Reuben were nowhere to be found.

"I also got you to safety. By the way, as far as introductions are concerned, this is not going very well." He got up and walked away from you.

"I'm (Y/N)." When you got no response, you added, "We're in danger."

"Oh, what else is new?" He turned back to face you. "Whatever your issue is, whatever your problem, it has occurred before. And has been solved before." He paused. "Even so, what do you need me for? I've gone out of my way to avoid these types of problems. I don't even remember what it looks like out there."

"I need your F-Bomb thingy."

He laughed bitterly. "Ah, I see. You don't actually need me. You just need my stuff."

Your eyebrows shot up. "No that's not what I meant at all," you backtracked.

"I've found that when you give people what they want, they turn on you. They become resentful. They show their true colors."

"As an empath, I'm sensing some real hurt right now. Who turned on you?"

"All of them!" he exclaimed. "It's why I prefer Endermen. They always do what you expect, almost to a fault. You're a stranger. And what you're asking for is too dangerous."

"I'm not a stranger, I told you my name. And you know who else you tell your name to? A friend."

He laughed. "Ah, of course. I used to have those."

"Gabriel wants to reassemble the Order," you told him."

"The Order of the Stone?" He looked shocked. "They asked for me? I've always known they needed me, but I was never sure if they wanted me."

"Gabriel wants you. He's your friend."

"Hmm." He seemed skeptical. "I don't know. Does he ever talk about me?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely."

"What kinds of things do they say?"

"They said you were the best of them," you said, trying to feed into his ego.

"Well, that's very nice to hear. But what about you? Are you my friend? As long as we're on the subject."

"Oh, for sure. We can be besties if you want. We can have matching shirts and friendship bracelets."