5 - Family Burger

"FAMILY BURGER" couldn't have been a more cliche name for a restaurant

"FAMILY BURGER" couldn't have been a more cliche name for a restaurant. Even so, the aesthetic of the restaurant was quite refreshing - considering that the city was still filled with wandering Devils.

Satsuki stationed at the far end of one of the restaurant booths, staring down at his reflection through the polished table. In prior, Kobeni approaches him from a good distance away, wearing a face that so obviously read 'I don't want to this...'.

Finally finding herself in front of Satsuki's booth, she slowly turns towards him, twiddling her thumbs nervously. "H-Hey... Um... You've been sitting there for quite a while... Is there anything I can get you?"

No response.

"O-Oh... Okay then... Well, um... I-It's a store policy that customers order within at least an hour while being present in the area of our s-services..."

No response.

Kobeni whimpers. Her legs were as wobbly as soy noodles. Having to confront a customer so unsociable made her stomach twist and turn. Still, she manged to muster a bit of courage, since this new job of hers was now her new priority for living. "S-Sir, please," begged Kobeni. "I don't want to get in trouble with my boss..."

Satsuki side-eyes the quaking girl. "Miss... I'll tell you this once, and one time only: Leave me alone."

"Ahh...!"

Kobeni's expression breaks down instantly. She began to wonder if anyone in this damned city was even sane anymore - but the soul-burning eyes gouging through the back of her head all the way from the diner counter made her freeze cold. The other employees were watching over her from afar, making sure Kobeni wouldn't screw things up.

Now noticing this, Kobeni quickly turns away and leaves, not wasting another word towards Satsuki.

Satsuki sighs. He returns his attention towards the inconstant tile-patterned walls of the restaurant, before suddenly, the sound of chime bells ring to life.

Himeno enters the establishment. As she sets foot into the restaurant, she becomes accustomed to her knew surroundings before spotting Satsuki ahead, enchanting her expression with a bright smile the second she recognized him. "Heyo! Did I keep you waiting?" Says Himeno, cheerfully waving.

Satsuki rests his eyes. "...It's fine, Himmy. I arrived here a bit early myself."

Walking over, Himeno promptly takes her spot next to Satsuki. She tilts her head upon sitting down to get a better look at Satsuki's face, which was sucked away of all energy. "What's the matter, Kojo-kun? You don't seem so happy to see me."