PROLOGUE: Lost and Found

Hello guys! Thanks for clicking on my fanfic. Don't forget to hit the vote button!

-

"Mama? Papa?"

My small hands were bruised and stained with dried blood from trying to dig through all the rubble and debris. I rubbed my eyes from the umpteenth time, trying to get dust out of my eyes. It stung, and the dirt on my hands didn't help. The pricking caused tears to form, brimming my eyes when I tried to open them. I had a feeling they were pretty red.

"Austin! Mama! Papa!"

My throat felt hoarse, and my tongue was like sandpaper. I blinked through my tears, trying to get a clear vision.

With great difficulty, I pushed my left arm upwards, clawing away a shallow hole. Several clumps on mud fell down and I poked my small face through it.

"Mama?"

I worked hard trying to get the hole bigger so that my whole body could fit through it. I wasn't sure how many feet down I was buried. All that was on my mind was to find Austin, mama and papa. To find a way out. To find light.

For the past two days, bombs had showered down on our city, Sokovia, and thousands of innocent lives were snatched away. My parents were away when a bomb erupted right in front of my house while my brother and I were at home. I couldn't find him. I must find him.

I heard movement somewhere to my right. "Austin?"

"Wanda, did you hear that?" A voice said suddenly. I pricked my ears up, listening tentatively.

"Hear what?" another voice responded.

"Listen."

It took me a moment before I realized they were talking about me. I gathered my remaining strength and shouted, "I'M HERE!"

"It is someone. Quick, Pietro, help me move this-"

There was some shuffling and I heard the voices said, "One - two - three - eurgh!"

A large chunk of rubble fell away, revealing two faces smudged with dirt and mud. A girl and a boy, both with brown hair and very similar facial features. They didn't look much older than me, probably one or two years older.

"It's okay! We're coming to help you!" the girl called out to me reassuringly as she frantically dug away any rubble that was in her way.

Help is here, my eight-year-old self thought in immense relief as I shovelled through the mud as quickly as possible to get to them. Finally I got near enough and threw myself into their arms, even though I barely knew them. It felt so good to have human companion again, instead of facing dust and rocks. The girl hugged me and patted my head reassuringly.

"What's your name?" the boy asked.

"Eleyra," I said simply.

"Pretty. I'm Wanda," the girl said, and she broke into a small smile.

"I'm Pietro," the boy said as he took my hand to heave my small self up.

"Is there anyone else down there?" Wanda asked.

"Only me," I said sadly. "I can't find my brother. I want to find him."

Wanda and Pietro exchanged glances.

"We'll try to find him on our way out, okay?" Pietro promised.

"Okay," I said obediently.

We spent the next three hours digging through the rubble and debris. I was sick of facing all the grey, dull rocks. I missed the sun.

Suddenly Wanda gave a shout, and we turned to her. "What is it, Wanda?" Pietro asked, his tone filled with concern.

"Don't move," she whispered. She trembled a little as she spoke, her eyes widened and filled with fear. "Turn slowly." There were tears in her eyes as she spoke, and it was an expression of horror that I had never seen before on anyone's faces.

A bomb was sitting just a few feet from us, the light on it blinking rhythmically. Any sudden movement would set it off, killing us instantly. The thought was too much for my innocent, eight-year-old mind. I started crying, salty tears streaming down my face.

Painted on the bomb in giant, scarlet letterings were five alphabets.

S.T.A.R.K.

--

A/N: Hello everyone! Thanks for reading, I hope you'll continue sticking to the next few chapters :> comments and votes are always welcome! Have a nice day/night :D