VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL!

[A/N: Hey guys! This is a special one-shot for Valentine's Day, hope you guys enjoy and drop a vote! ALSO, read the author's note at the end, it's really important!]

[Extra A/N: Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me  ;) ]

A wispy snowflake landed on Eleyra's nose.

Her cheeks were tinged pink from the freezing temperature, even though she was dressed warmly. Her slender gloved fingers tangled themselves in the ones of Pietro Maximoff as the young couple trudged through the snow-blanketed ground. He chuckled as he gently brushed the delicate snowflake off the tip of her nose.

"Where d'you want to go?" Pietro asked in that adorable accent of his that Eleyra had grown to love.

"Somewhere alone and private, maybe?" Eleyra raised an eyebrow suggestively, a cheeky smile creeping onto her face.

"Well, I know just the place." The same mischievous smile was playing on Pietro's lips as he scooped up his girlfriend with ease. In a flash of silver and blue, he was gone.

The next time Eleyra opened her eyes again, she found herself standing in the midst of a forest. Unlike spring, when the trees had been lush and green, sunlight shining through the leaves, casting a million miniscule spotlights on the forest grounds blanketed with gnarled roots and dirt - now, the trees were bare, their long, flowing tresses cloaked in fluffy snow, a once-lively forest filled with the sound of its inhabitants now a peaceful quiet. A frozen lake stood a couple of inches to their left, reflecting the soft golden light from the setting sun, which was already shying away behind the far-off white-capped mountains.

"One second," Pietro said and zoomed off. Literally a second later, he was back, this time holding two pairs of skating shoes.

"But I can't skate!" Eleyra exclaimed, her eyes widening.

"Nah, it's easy, I'll teach you," Pietro said offhandedly.

"You sure the lake's solid?" Eleyra questioned which an arched eyebrow.

"Only one way to find out," Pietro replied, already putting on the shoes. "Aw, c'mon, if any of us fell, I could save us with my really awesome super speed," he added at Eleyra's questioning expression.

Reluctantly, she put on the skating shoes. "How do you even sta- whoa!" The moment she tried to get up, she toppled backwards and landed on her bum. "Ow!"

"Easy there, El," Pietro said, trying hard not to chortle as he extended his arms. Eleyra latched herself onto them tightly as he pulled her up, trying to balance herself.

"I already have a bad feeling about skating," Eleyra muttered.

"Okay, we're going onto the ice," Pietro stated. Without warning, he lifted her up and hauled her right onto the centre of the frozen lake and steadied her with the help of his super  speed. She let out a shrill scream, holding onto him so tightly that he felt as though his arms were on the brink of snapping.

"Ow - ow - stop - don't grip so hard!" Pietro yelped. "And don't electrocute me!"

"I'll electrocute you if you do that again!" Eleyra was still screaming. She couldn't stand properly on the ice - she kept slipping, and if Pietro wasn't holding her, she would've fallen long ago.

"Relax, just relax and put one foot down first," Pietro said calmly.

Trembling slightly, she placed her right foot on the ice, trying to balance herself. When she was steady enough, she put her left foot down, breathing hard, her arms still locked around Pietro's. She had no intention of removing them until they were in the safe zone.