CHAPTER 4: Cold but Cozy?

(Hit vote if you're enjoying this fanfic! ^^)

I froze in my tracks.

Eleyra Petrov. Eleyra Petrov. Eleyra Petrov.

I spun around slowly to face this peculiar dude who not only possessed the same powers as I did, but he also knew my full name, which nobody in this world knew except for Pietro, Wanda, Strucker and my family.

I quickly shook the thought off. Maybe this guy could read minds, and was just trying to make me fall into some kind of a trap. I reminded myself that this was the Avengers.

"Nice try, bratan ," I said, scoffing and giving my hair a deliberate flip. "Your little mind powers can't trick mne."

"Wait-"

This was one pesky guy. I shot a stream of electricity in his way to confuse him so that I had time to run.

Suddenly there was a gust of wind, and Pietro was by my side. "Where's Wanda?" he asked, not even a single bit out of breath, which made me immensely jealous.

"I think she might be near the Scepter," I replied.

"Then let's go."

Without a moment's hesitation, he picked me up in a bridal hold like I weighed no more than a kitten and dashed away on his super speed. The world suddenly seemed have came to a halt, and only Pietro and I were the ones moving. My face felt like it was peeling off layer by layer, and I buried it into his chest, the wind whistling in my ears sharply.

Travelling on Pietro was not fun.

When I felt like the world around me had started working again, which was really only seconds later, my chest felt tight and I realized I had been holding my breath. I took a deep breath and exhaled, relaxing my chest.

When Pietro set me down again, I was standing inside a building I didn't recognize. Then again, I never had a chance to explore anywhere outside of my cell except for Strucker's laboratories.

It was dark, and the only light that illuminated the place was the blue Scepter that glowed with energy. It looked like some sort of a lab. A very messy lab, with metal and stuff tossed everywhere. There were two enormous metallic dragons hanging from the ceiling, poised to attack. And, standing in front of Loki's Scepter, was Tony Stark.

However, as I looked closer, something seemed to be wrong. Stark's eyes were widened in shock, his pupils dilated in fear, his stare transfixed at something I couldn't see.

Pietro was about to take a step forward, but Wanda put a hand up to stop him. I almost forgot her power was telekinesis. Finally, Stark seemed to snap out of his horrific trance and went ahead to grab the Scepter.

"We're just gonna let him take it?" I whispered to Wanda, perplexed, as the three of us stepped back into the shadows, blending into the darkness.

Wanda nodded with a smile on her face - a rather creepy smile, to be honest. "I have already shown him his worst fear," she said in a satisfied tone, looking at us. "It will yank him apart from the inside. Dostatochno dlya nas khoroshiy. (Good enough for us.)"

-

When we were out in the cold again, we were met by hundreds of men lying in the snow, probably dead or passed out. There were no signs of further attack, which meant that the Avengers had withdrawn back to their own headquarters.

"What do we do now?" I asked as the three of us stood in a circle, pondering about our next move.

"Now that we've been granted superpowers," Pietro said in a winning tone, flexing his fingers unnecessarily, "It's Stark-down time."

"And how do we do that? Crash into his tower?" Wanda said, raising an eyebrow of ridicule.

"We'll think of a way somehow," said Pietro, his triumphant voice fading away. "For now, let's just find a shelter to kip, then keep moving..." he trailed off uncertainly.

"That's probably the best idea we've got," Wanda said with a small sigh. "How about you, El?"

I moistened my lips. "Alright. Let's get going."

By nightfall, we found an abandoned building on the outskirts of the city. It was partially caved in, but the rest of the building's structure seemed stable enough. We explored and found that it wasn't very huge on the inside, and selected one of the warmer corners to sleep in for the night.

Wanda had gone to the night market downtown to 'buy' us some food to sustain us, maybe for two to three days at the very least. Using her telekinesis powers to steal, more like. After she had disappeared, I sat beside Pietro with my knees tucked up to my chin, trying to absorb more warmth.

"Cold?" Pietro asked, concern clouding his eyes.

"You think?" I said sarcastically. "I-I a-am s-s-so c-cold." I mocked a shivering tone, which caused him to laugh.

He shrugged off his jacket and draped it across my shoulders. "Better?"

"Mm hmm," I said contentedly, snuggling into his jacket. It was still warm from his body heat, and it smelled exactly like him. Things like this are considered a luxury to me. "But won't you be cold?" I added as an afterthought.

Pietro just raised an eyebrow at me. "Well, you could make me warmer..." he trailed off teasingly, and for some reason it made heat fire up to my cheeks. Nevertheless, five minutes later, we established a comfortable position of me lying on his chest in between his legs, and him with his chin in my hair.

For a couple of minutes his arms laid awkwardly by his sides. Then he brought them up, wrapping themselves around my waist contentedly.

Crap. Were my cheeks red?

I was about to doze off in his arms a few seconds later. His hold was so comfortable, I wanted the moment to last forever. I really did.

"Don't let go of me," I muttered sleepily.

My mind was about to drift off, my eyes already closing, but I could just catch the words right before I lost consciousness,

"I never did."

A/N: Sooo chapter five is here! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER A HUNDRED READS AND MORE THAN TWENTY VOTES! It really means a lot to me. However, bad news: I'll be away for vacation, maybe about four to five days at the very least, which means I probably won't be able to update D: I will try, though! I hope the fluff in this chapter makes up for it :> once again, thanks for reading, bye~!