4

He stares into my eyes waiting for me to respond. I look away from him and see Lucas looks like he's having fun with the girl. I haven't seen him this happy in awhile. Maybe I could talk to him. It's not like talking to him makes us friends right?

"What would you like to know?" He smiles showing his dimples. That smile is so- no Aurora you can't. No friends.

"Well how about telling me why you moved here?" The one question I didn't want him to ask. The slightest fear shows in my face for a just second, but I quickly wipe it off. I don't think he noticed.

"My dad got a job offer here so he moved us out here." I try not to cringe at calling that man my dad.

"And your mom? Sorry I don't mean to pry, but you haven't mentioned her." He asks curiously. I don't really like to talk about my mom because it brings up all the good memories and makes me sad to realize what life is now without her.

I decided it would be best to ignore his question. "What about your parents?" I see him tense when I ask about his parents and start to take my question back, but then he responds.

"My parents are dead actually." He says with a small smile. Now I feel bad for asking.

"I-" I start to apologize, but then Lucas and Lorenzo's sister run over. "I tired." Lucas says as he yawns. I get up from the bench and set him on my hip. He lays his head on my shoulder. "Well I should go." I say as I start to walk off. "Uh hey!" I stop in my tracks as Lorenzo yells. "If you ever want to play with Isabella again lucas, don't be afraid to ask." I suppress a smile and wave bye to Isabella.

I open the door and see Frank passed out on the couch. I blow out a breath of relief. I walk up the stairs and go into Lucas's room and set him on the bed. I kiss his forehead and say "Goodnight bud. I love you." Then I walk out his room and head to my room.

I change into my pajamas and lay in bed. For some reason Lorenzo pops into my mind. I know I shouldn't make any friends, but I can't help but think maybe I should try? With that thought, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

Hey guysss. I am so sorry. I know it's been awhile, but I have been very busy with school. I will try to post as many chapters as I can. I know this chapter was boring, but I promise it will get better. Thank you for reading and I love you all!