Chapter 3 : Explanation

« So we're all witches ?» I smiled almost thinking how impossible this stuff seemed to be. Now that I was awake, Alice made me a small lesson on the history of Halloween or Halloween Town, according to the several versions the name changed. The town was created afar from humans and werewolves that were always attacking the witches. It was supposed to be a beacon for all the witches. Nowadays, werewolves and humans signed a treaty stopping any war. But Halloween stayed a town for all witches around the world.

« No, not your other sister. Your father is a witch, like your mom. The gene needs to be carried on by the two parents. We can't pass on our power to a human. .» She smiled sadly, indeed, I never knew my father and my sisters were only my half-sisters, but that doesn't change anything in our relationship. My mother never made a difference between them and me. I was still a part of their family no matter what.

« Is my father here.» If I was a witch, so as my father, he must be living in Halloween.

« yes, but Hailey, don't try to find him, you'll be disappointed.» I nodded without questioning more about him. Even though I was curious, I wanted to know why he never tried to contact me. Why did he never search for me?

« But the witches do they have to stay here forever in Halloween, I mean mom got out in California, right? » She left the easy chair and got closure to the kettle, with her bare hand on it, The thing started getting warmer and hot water was now being poured on a mug. I needed to learn how to do that!

« No, we can choose, after the ritual. Your mom wanted to leave and nobody told her to stay. Our mom, I mean your grandmother, was dead at that time and I didn't have any choice but to let her leave her life in California.»

« Am I going back to California ?» Raymond explained that the gate opened on certain dates and that maybe without the approval of the witches, I wouldn't be sent back. And I could understand this choice, the portal had been opened without any human approval and war was not a risk to take just for one person.

« To be honest, we would need to wait for the other witches to decide.» I didn't know for how long I was supposed to wait in Halloween, but time on earth was still going on.

« But what about mom, does she know I'm here?» I knew that my mom wasn't going to be happy about this. I mean, if I stayed in Halloween, the town she left by choice. And the idea of me being here could upset her. Besides, she always hid the books that Alice brought back from me. She didn't want me to know about this other world. She wanted me to stay human, away from any supernatural being.

« I think so, I try to write her a note in our special book. You remembered the one I gave you, they're magical. You can send messages to one another by writing in it." Oh, so that's what these books were made for.

«That's what they were used for, actually mom has always hidden from" she laughed putting her mug close to the small table next to us.

"Well, I'm not surprised, that's why I never got any news from you. I thought that you were a shy kid."

"Anyway, Phoebe didn't answer me yet, but I guess she will soon enough know you're here with me."

"But do you know how did I get here? » I thought that maybe she knew how did I arrive in her guest room. But the way her face seemed preoccupied, she seemed to not know much.

« No, not completely, I heard a strong noise outside, and then I found you unconscious in the alley. I'm not sure if you managed to open the portal or not. I know that a powerful witch can do it. » I didn't believe in this thing, that a witch could open a portal, I was pretty sure that I was not powerful enough to do that.

« I'm not sure about that like you said I didn't have done my rite of passage yet. So I don't think I could open the gate. »

« Yes it's true but you're almost eighteen in three days. I'm sure that your powers were growing and that's how you got here. » She was convinced by her theory. I wanted to tell her about the red eye man, but I felt that she would tell me it was just my imagination or the great power in me.

« I'm gonna meet with the other witches, I think they might know that you're here now. Wait for me, I'll come back. » She left the easy chair.

Her last sentence sounded almost like an order, in any case, I was not ready to get out of her house and walk through Halloween Town. I didn't know anybody here, and I could be lost easily.

« Okay. No problem.» I nodded, walking her through the main door, she left me in her house and it was time for me to do what I was the best at : snoop around.