Chapter Four: The Monster & The Superhero

The next morning the group had returned back to the boat house where Eddie was hiding out, Dustin clearly scared the shit out of Eddie as he kicked the door open

"Jesus!"

"Delivery service." he grinned as they all sent him friendly smiles in an attempt to calm his frightened look.

Eddie was eating handfuls of cereal at a time whilst the group was updating him on what they now knew.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked.

"Bad news first, always," Eddie replied with a mouth full of the cereal he'd been scoffing, Dustin nodded.

"We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Gabby told them.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max added.

"The good news?" asked Eddie.

"You're name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin explained.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie questioned.

Robin nodded, "Exactly.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vena, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin said causing Eddie to tilt his head at him.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin nodded.

Robin sighed. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this." she smiled.

"Yeah, we also rely on this girl who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so... but we also have Gabby here who still has her powers but chooses not to use them..." Steve trailed off.