2

Eiko had an uncomfortable rest. She woke up around 2 am, bleary and restless. She satiated herself with a bottle of water and laid in bed unable to close her eyes again. She couldn't let herself sleep again after that, she doesn't even remember how she fell asleep in the first place.

She tucked herself under the blankets and used her phone to pass the time. She doesn't have much apps nor does she have social media other than twitter. Eiko wasn't the person to get entertained by those forms of entertainment.

She liked talking more than anything. Calling Yunseo until the minutes faded into hours was her most common pastime, but it wasn't like Yunseo would be up at this time of day. When Yunseo does wake up, she'll have to form a believable explanation for what she experienced earlier. But considering how Eiko could barely believe it herself, she doubted Yunseo would too.

Vampires.

It was hard to believe that such things people always believed to only exist in fantasy worlds existed in the real world too. And Eiko was the real-life version of someone who came to that realization.

She went online immediately. The thought came to her almost just after, If vampires do exist, does that mean they're similar to how fantasy documents portray them?

Eiko went searching, her exhaustion atrophying into interest. Her search history from now on will definitely make it seem like she's going through a twilight phase, but that wasn't important.

"What are vampires?" She voiced her inquiry aloud. They're the most known in the fantasy world, and the most popular, it was no surprise when tons of pages of information appeared in front of her.

Regardless, she tapped the first one she saw. Vampirology: the in's and out's of fantasy.

Eiko read through everything she could. She already knew the basics, like needing blood to survive, the fact they live for a really long time, can be killed by stakes, and that they burn in the sun. It was all provided in the website too, so Eiko stayed firm in the belief.

Now whether or not they act the same way as in the media was something for Eiko to figure out.

She scanned over everything once more. If they were like this, then Eiko should lower her worries by at least a little. Eiko shut her phone off and turned to the other side, facing the wall. She stared into the depths of black all around her. It's still late, the sun never dares to rise at 2 am.

Eiko sighed. Honestly she felt so many things at once, and of course tiredness was one of them, but premonition made the tiredness the least of her concerns. Eiko is a human in a vampire neighborhood, a vampire area, in a vampire world.

Who knows what this will make of her life?

She rested her eyes shut and slid her arm under the pillow. She wanted everything that felt like last night to go away already.

And without knowing how many minutes it took for her to rest in bed, She fell asleep.

===

The painful ringing of a phone call snapped Eiko out of a bleary daze. She rubbed her hands against the corners of her eyes and stretched her arms up and legs out before Eiko elicited an unnecessary sound and flopped her arms back down. "It's morning," she groggily stated.

She turned to the windows and said again to herself. "It's morning." Eiko shuffled out of bed and grabbed her phone. A call from Sera. Eiko answered and held it to her ear. "Yes?"

"Eiko. Where are you? Your shift is about to start and you aren't even here yet," Sera's tone woke Eiko up almost fully, more than the realization did.