15

"You know him?"

"Distantly," he responded. "I don't know him, I know of him."

Eiko peered at him curiously. "And what is it that you know of him?"

He shook his head, "only the little things, nothing significant. Jake knows everybody, he'll get Ni-ki there somehow."

"Then are you still fine with it being at your house?" She questioned to get a confirmation. He agreed, continuing to drive and only messaging them individually when they hit a stop.

===

"Can you drop me off tomorrow?" She asked, as she was set on leaving the bags in his car for the night. The others had arrived, surprisingly punctual seeing as they were already there before Sunghoon was. How Ni-ki got there, Sunghoon isn't sure of, but Eiko had the slightest clue when she recalled the supposed connection that had became a topic one time. He probably got there just as Eiko and Sunghoon did.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" He answered with another question.

Eiko gave him a taunting smile, hand on the door handle. "I'm glad that you know that." She stepped out of the car, whispering a curse at the temperature. She left her blazer at work, and because of previous events, she was left in a shirt not entirely fit for the weather.

Sunghoon took a while to get out of the car, but when he did, she ushered past the group with her shirt still in hand.

"Eiko?" Jake mentioned.

"Give me a second, I need to get inside. It's cold as hell and I'll crumble like a sandcastle if I stay one more minute out here," she quickly stated and nearly almost sprinted inside before Sunghoon got a chance to open the door fully.

Albeit the laugh that was emitted, things weren't light and lively for long. Once they were inside, despite the friendly relationship Eiko had with almost all of them, it felt weird. Maybe because of why they were here. That could be it (or the very obvious fact that few of them were new to each other as well).

"What happened to your arm?" Jay inquired, quizzical and observant, when for some reason they gathered at the too-big-for-one-person dining table.

The jingle of a bell came closer, soft pattering sounds and light pants. Eiko looked down, at her feet, Gaeul looked up at her expectantly and Eiko was delighted to hold the dog in her arms. "There was an altercation outside of Block A."

"Is it bad?"

Eiko formulated an answer from what Sunghoon had been telling her. "No. It should heal pretty quickly actually."

"Sunghoon helped you?" Jake asked, adding onto the quiz of questions.

"Yes, he was there fortunately."

"So are you two a thing?" Of course it was Jake to ask.

"No," Eiko deadpanned. "Why is everyone asking that?" She rolled her eyes, setting Gaeul down in her lap.

"Why are we here?" Ni-ki asked aloud, changing the topic and bringing focus to him. From the others there were a few awkward glances but Eiko glanced at him indifferently.

"Right." Eiko looked around at all of them, making sure to make some sort of eye contact. "Everything you guys know about the routine and how to fix it, I wanna hear it."

The others looked around, not exactly knowing where to start or how to ease into the topic.

Gaeul shuffled around to sit comfortably.