16

It was a fair game, when it ended Jake was victorious and jumped out of his seat in pride and satisfaction. Riki said his win was nothing since it practically canceled his own out and claimed that they were even, but Jake disregarded him.

"I told you I went easy on you," Jake boasted.

"It's even now," Jay concluded in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jake groaned, obviously childishly upset.

"You could've lost twice, think about that," Jay suggested.

"What about a winner takes all?" Jake brought up and Riki didn't seem bothered one bit to comply.

"Are you guys not tired of playing? The games are an hour and a half long," Eiko complained before Riki could agree.

"I'm tired of watching. Is there nothing else to do?" Sunghoon murmured tiredly.

"It's your house, why are you asking us?" Jay laughed.

Sunghoon glared at him, "I meant for all of us. I'd be sleeping by now."

Eiko sluggishly sat up in her spot. "It is late. We should all be sleeping right now." She looked over at the digital clock that could be seen from the kitchen counter. Midnight was coming close and she still had work in the morning.

"Sunghoon, I can stay, right?" Eiko asked.

"Yeah, I have a room you can stay in," he answered.

"Then I'll stay too," Riki murmured after Sunghoon's answer followed. The both of them looked at him but it was all over his face that he was determined. His eyes were sharp and resolute.

Sunghoon cleared his throat. "Sure, that's fine."

"I'm fine. I'm pretty sure you have unfinished business in that neighborhood anyway. I'll be safe here," Eiko said in a conciliatory attempt.

"No," he responded flatly after a silence had settled.

Eiko quirked a brow up. "What's wrong?"

Riki's chest visibly heaved. His face was relaxed but his eyebrows were frowning. But he chose not to answer her question. He turned to Jake—similar to the way a kid would do to their parent—and Jake jumped into the conversation.

"Let's just all stay," Jake suggested, almost glaring at Jake to agree while he approached Riki. Being considerably close to the both of them, he was able to subdue the hazardous road between Sunghoon and Riki. There was a lot of room for them to clash. From the beginning it was off to a rocky start. Eiko didn't know why.

"Sure," Jay added on.

It was discernible that Sunghoon was wary about Riki, but with both Jake and Jay agreeing, he decided to go with the idea. "You'll have to decide roommates. I wasn't expecting to house a sleepover for four other people so I only have two guest rooms."

Jake immediately looked at Jay with detest in his eyes. "I am not rooming with Jay again outside of college."

Jay seemed used to it because he didn't react in any particular way. He just sighed with his chest rising and sinking dramatically. He sat back on the sofa as if some type of villain and that had Eiko snickering.

"That'll make it easier. You guys are used to rooming with each other already," Eiko remarked smugly, making Jake regret saying his comment.

"But I've roomed with him enough. It's so hard to share a dorm," Jake complained albeit already knowing this was a losing battle.

Eiko gave a knowing look to Sunghoon. When he nodded, Eiko realized he had the same thought so she sat back and watched the exchange.

"It'll help you get used to college so it shouldn't be a big deal to room with him for today. It's only a night."