Chapter 1

Never have I ever imagine that this would happen. It's been only two years since my dad died and already my mom's marrying another guy. I always knew my mom was having an affair, but what's worse is that she was doing it while dad needed her the most. He was battling cancer, and while he was fighting for his life, she was having the best of hers. I don't hate her though. I was so lost in thought that I didn't her my aunt walking in the room.

" Rebecca, I know this is tough for you, but can you at least put a smile on your face. It's your mothers wedding day for crying out loud". I gave my aunt a blank look. If I hated anyone in this world it would be her. She has always been envious of my mom, and she did everything in her power to try and break up my parents' marriage. And she succeeded when she introduced my mom to Jordan. " I am happy". I told her. "But are you? I mean you tried your best to end my parents' marriage just to get with dad. But now that he's dead what's your plan now? Just take my advice and stay the hell away from us. Your presence is not needed anymore." I know I sound harsh, but after everything she put us through, she deserves it.

I got up and walked out of the room leaving her speechless. I am indeed happy that my mom is getting the happiness she deserves, but I just wish it wasn't with Jordan. Not only did she cheat on my dad with him, but that man gives me the creeps. Every time he comes around, I feel this urge to stay away from him, but for the sake of my mom I have to live with it. After the wedding we will be going to our new home. I hated to use that term but I no choice. We're leaving the city and moving to a very remote area in the woods. I doubt that there is even any signal there.

I will be leaving everything I have here. My friends, my family and my real home. I continued walking until I found the room my mom was getting ready in. She was wearing the same wedding dress she married my dad in. I knew because I saw it in the pictures that was hanged up all over our living room. I walked in and sat on the bed while I watched as she was finishing up her makeup. I remained quiet since I didn't want to distract them. when they were done my mother turned around and gave me a bright smile.

I smiled back but it was only faint. My mother sighed and sat beside me on the bed. "Becca, I know it's hard for you honey, and I am sorry for everything that I put you through. But I would be so happy if you could just smile for the day". I looked at her, is she serious right now. " Mama how do you expect me to smile and be happy for you when you hurt me like this. Not only did you cheat on papa when he was sick, you're also marrying that asshole".

I felt a sting on my cheek. " You better watch your mouth with me young lady". She hit me. She really just hit me. I looked at her in disbelief. "Becca I'm so-" she tried to apologize , but I cut her off. " You just hit me, and for that man who I despise. You know what screw your wedding. Enjoy finding another flower girl." "Becca -" she tried to call me, but I just stormed off without looking back. I went back to the room I was staying in and avoided everyone that was calling me telling me the wedding is starting.

Time Skip~~

I missed the wedding and the reception. I was in my room listen to songs off my phone when I saw someone entering the room. It was my mother coming to tell me that it's time to go. I nodded my head got up off the be. All of my belongings were already at the new house so all I had to carry was my phone and the charger. While walking down the stairs I see the looks of disappointment on my family's face. My aunt stopped in front of me shaking her head. " You were very childish for what you did today. You embarrassed us in front of so many people. We are so disappointed in you Rebecca". I started laughing. Everybody looked at me like I'm a total maniac. " I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right mom. I admit it was a bit petty, but did the great Josline tell you that she hit me". By the looks on their faces I guess she hadn't.

With that I walked straight to the car without looking back. I got in the backseat and connected my earpods. I turned on my Doja Cat playlist and waited for my mom and her new husband to arrive. After a few minutes they arrived and started driving. They tried to talk to me, but I remained quiet, eventually I fell asleep.

This is my first time writing so please show your love and support😌😌😌