Chapter 3

It was dark and windy outside. I have been walking through the endless woods for a few minutes now. The trees making creepy outlines while the moon shines down on me. I suddenly feel as if someone was watching me.

I tried to call out to find out who is there, but I am greeted by silence. The wind starts to blow harder and there was a very unsettling feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

Suddenly I heard a high-pitched scream. The scream was so high it could shatter glass. Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turned around it was the same red head girl I was outside my window.

She grabbed my hand, and we started running. We continued running until we were out of the woods and right outside my house. She looked at me and say, "Leave before it's too late". Just then we see a male figure standing at the edge of the wood holding a chainsaw.

The red head looked at me again and said, " Leave before it's too late". She then disappeared in front of me. I heard the chainsaw go off only to find the male figure standing in front of me. He was wearing a black mask with pitch black eyes. He raised his chainsaw at me and then......

I woke up with sweat dripping down my forehead. All of a sudden, I felt a chilly breeze rush through the room. When I looked over by the window, I realized it is open. But didn't I lock it? I got up from the bed to close the window. I was looking out into the woods trying to figure out what that dream was about.

I went back to lay in bed trying to go back to sleep. But sleep would not come. Eventually after a lot of twisting and turning I finally fell asleep.

I woke up back at around 8:30 and went downstairs to find my mom making breakfast. "Morning Rebecca". Jordan greeted me with a smile. He was reading a newspaper and drinking coffee. I nodded my head and went to sit at the opposite side of him.

My mom made waffles with eggs and bacon. We all started to eat in awkward silence. "So, Becca I decided we should go into town and get a few stuff before you start school next week ". My mom said breaking the silence. "Okay mom, excuse me so I could get ready". I took my plate and brought it to the kitchen.

I washed my dish and put it in the drainer and head upstairs to get ready. I took a shower, did my hair and picked out some clothes to wear. I decided to wear something simple that why I chose and oversized T-shirt with a ripped jeans and my crocs. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to see my mom waiting for me.

"Are you ready to go?" Mom asked me. "Yeah, mom all good". I faintly smiled at her. She said her goodbyes to Jordan and headed to the car. We drive for about 30 minutes before we could see the town. It was small but very busy. People were walking and laughing with each other. This is so much different from the city. While everyone looks like they know each other here, the city is just big and full of strangers and muggers.

My mom and I went into a little clothing store and got a few things. We started joking around while we try on some of the outfits. We picked up a few dresses and skirts. We looked around for a little more before we headed to a nearby diner for lunch.

We had burgers and fries with milkshakes, and I got to say it was absolutely delicious. We left the diner and headed to the grocery store. We picked up a few things for dinner and headed back home. The drive back all fun and laughter. We told jokes, listen to some music, and even started talking about boys. When we arrived home, it was about 4:30. I helped mom bring in the bags and told them, I was going outside for a while. Jordan looked a bit uncomfortable with this, but mom just said, " Don't go too far sweetie". "I won't mom". I said while I went to grab my phone and walked out the back door and started venturing through the woods.

Please vote and tell me what you think is going to happen next💁🏽‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️