Private Jet

“Thea wait!” Kane yells in the hallway.

“Where are you going?”

“To my room to shower and get out of here. I think I have had enough of New York.” I take a step to walk away but he stops me.

“What about us?” I realise a heavy sigh. “I need time to think. You lied and conspired with my mother to keep me away from you.” I pull my hand away from him and make my way to the room. I was excited about New York, and I didn’t expect the trip to turn out with me being mad at my friends and mother.

No wonder she was so supportive in the last five years. She knew what she had done.

When I get to my room, I realise I don’t have the access key and I have to go but I don’t want to talk to Stella. As I get ready to leave a voice says from behind. “Take mine.” I turn around to find Stella holding out her card for me.

A part of me is doing a victory dance so that I don’t have to go downstairs.

“Thanks,” I say aggressively.

I open the door and pad inside.

“I’m taking the first out to London today,” I inform her and walk to the bathroom.

I turn the shower faucet on and step inside.

Am I happy that Kane is back?

Yes, but his lies are ruining that right now.

I was ready to give up everything for him but now I don’t know what to do and Nick is the person I want to hurt.

He doesn’t deserve it, especially from me. He will be crashed.

The lies already tell me how this relationship is going to end but despite knowing that my heart wants him, but my mind is telling me to run the other way because the ending will be brutal, but someone once said the heart wants what it wants. You can’t control who your heart falls for, but you can create memories for a lifetime even if you part you had the best moments of your life.

I turn the faucet off, grab a towel and wrap it around my body.

I walk out and find Stella waiting for me on the bed.

“Can we talk?” she asks.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now.” I take out a pair of jeans and an oversized t-shirt.

“But you can listen.” She yanks the clothes away.

“Look, I know you are upset with me and for a good reason, but I was doing what I thought was best for you. I mean you fucking killed a human being for this guy and that’s when I realised how far you would actually go and you were losing yourself, your morals and principles just to be with him and no one should do that just to be with someone they love. Just because you are soulmates doesn’t mean you have to be together. I mean what is the point of staying together when all you do is hurt each other?” She grabs my hands.

“I know what I did was wrong, and I will not justify my action anymore, but I want you to remember that I love you and always want is best for you.” She pecks my cheekbones.

“I am walking in Italy fashion week, so I won’t be going back with you but think about what I said.” I nod and she walks out leaving me in a turmoil of thoughts.

I dress up and pack my bags.

By the time I finish everything Stella is long gone, and her advice is ringing in my head non-stop.

Kane is someone I loved for a long time. I think I loved him before I could know the meaning of love and what Stella said is also true.

Us being together is not for anyone and all we do is hurt each other.