Date Night

Part 2/2
Italicized words are Marjan's thoughts. Bold words are Nancy's.
________________________________

Once Nancy and Marjan decided to get together and give a relationship a try. Nancy had the very hard job of breaking up with Mateo.

_______________________________
The night of the breakup

"Hey 'teo can I talk to you?"

"You know you can tell me anything, babe."

This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Um, I don't know how to put this."

You know exactly how you want to say it. You've practiced all night.

"Mateo I'm so sorry. This. Us. I can't do this anymore.

That's not how you practiced it. Clean it up.

She saw his face turn from a loving smile to shock in just a second. She could see the confusion bestowed upon him.

"I didn't mean it like that. What I meant is that  this girl I've had the biggest crush on for years finally gave me a chance and I'm thinking about taking it."

"I don't know what to say. I mean I thought everything was going well."

"It was Mateo but this girl is the love of my life and I can't just let my passion go to waste. I'm sorry."

She left him with that. After she gathered her things she headed for the door. She had her hand on the door but it dropped when she heard the woman's name come out of his mouth.

"Marjan?"

"What?"

"Nance I'm not stupid. I see the looks, the smiles, and the little touches that go on between you guys. It sucks, it does but I would never want to hold you two back. But, I hope we could still be friends."

"Thanks, Teo, and of course, we would always be friends.

_________________________________
Date Night

Marjan and Nancy have been to many places before they've thought about getting together but the place Nancy has chosen tonight; they've never been there in a romantic way.

She picked Marjan up from her house. Even though she would've loved to see her dressed up tonight, Nancy told her to put on something comfortable but no jeans.

"So are you going to tell me why I had to wear sweats to our date?" She asked. "Well I know we've been to many places with the 126 but I wanted our first date to be special."

"So where are you taking me?" At a red light, Nancy looked at her. "I thought we could go to a park and lay a blanket down. I brought some food and I was thinking we could lay back and look at the stars and talk. But, if you don't want to do that we can do something else."

Marjan smiled and interlaced her fingers with Nancy's. "I don't care what we do as long as we're doing it together. But I do want to know one thing."

Nancy started driving by then so when she replied she wasn't looking at Marjan but Marjan was looking at her. "And that would be?"

"Did you cook the food or did you order takeout."Nancy laughed. "No, I cooked for you. It took me like two hours but it's good, I promise."

"No promises needed. I have the utmost faith in you."
_________________________________

They've been laying there for about 20 minutes now. They were asking questions and none of them were as serious as the question well more of the statement that came out of Nancy's mouth.

"I know that us being together is against your religion so I understand and respect us being a secret."

When she said this Marjan looked over at her. "It is. But, I don't think this is something I can hide. I just don't think I can get behind hiding the woman that I love and our relationship from the world. I might get disowned by my parents but I wouldn't want to keep you a secret, not in a million years."

"But, Marjan that's not what I want. Family is important and I don't want you to lose them on behalf of me."

"Nancy you are my family. All of you here in Austin are my family and this is something that I want to share with them."

Nancy took a beat to reply until she realized what she said earlier, "Wait did you say that you love me?" Marjan looked away because she didn't even realize that she had said it herself.

"Did I? I don't remember." She joked. "No, you said it. I'm 1000% sure."

She said as she looked over at her completely forgetting about the conversation they were just having though they'll come back to it on another day.

"And I love you too."

She leaned into the woman a gave her a small peck. That was until Marjan held her face in her hands not letting her pull back. They were kissing on their sides for a while until Marjan decided to make them a little more comfortable.

She pushed Nancy on her back and climbed on top of her all while not breaking their kiss, though Nancy did smile when she did it. Though they could do much because they were in the middle of a park but they made it work.

__________________________________

Their date was successful, they ate, had meaningful conversations, and even made out all in the two hours they'd been here.

They still needed to finish their conversation about keeping them a secret but that could wait until another day.

On the next date, they were getting dressed up and Nancy was finally going to see her in those six-inch - heels.

The End